• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unlucky number 13.....frames per second Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'm running a custom activity on the GN Hi-Line and I get pretty good frame rates on the route, low 40s to high 50s, so it was a bit of a shock that I dropped into the teens after throwing a switch allowing me to back in a yard to assemble cuts of cars for other trains to take out later. The yard is full of cars, no duplicates so a hit on the frame rates is expected. However, the hit comes as soon as I throw the switch. No matter what view or distance I'm locked into 13 fps with a gradual climb to 17 after several minutes. Even so I did five hours of switching in Great Falls and after I assembled a short local for myself I set off down the branch to work some industries en route to Harve. Leaving the yard I reset the switch and frame rates jumped back into the 40s. A few yards later I had to set a switch to get on the main branch and the frame rates dropped to 13 again and this time they didn't rise above that. I saved and restarted, same thing. I restarted my computer, same thing. I'm at a loss on what the problem may be.

A few other things.....the saving is a bit sketchy. I thought I had lost five hours of work because as the save was loading it was deemed invalid. I tried again and it worked. Next issue, while I was working the yard a few AI trains passed me. The yard limit is 15mph. The trains didn't slow for the reduced speed they just.....adjusted instantly. Very jarring. Also the dispatch viewer is no longer my personal god mode. I find setting switches for AI trains to take sidings (or avoid them if they are inexplicably routed to one with a loose consist on it) will cause the AI train to vanish. Whoops. Being on a single track branch line I need time and space to get to where I need to be and work the industries without being in the way. I set the signal to red for an approaching AI train so I could back into an industrial branch down the line. Everything seemed to be going well until the AI train blew through the signal and we were on a collision course. At that point I just quit and will resume at an earlier point and just get out of the way.

I have the MSTS activity compatibility box ticked so I can control the AI speeds via efficiency settings. Could this be the cause of the override of deadlock protection and dispatch mode? Long post I know but all feedback and help is very much appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

Bump? :wtf01:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users