• You cannot reply to this topic

No Screenshots, No Animation X2319 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hi All,

I've been working on the railroad... OK, working on my route doing scenery for the last couple of weeks. When to take a few screenshots and they no longer work. Also noticed while passing a crossing the lights were not flashing and the bells were not ringing. Went through the same area in MSTS and all was OK and screenshots worked.

I did try the link at the top right to update to 2351 but an error came up saying I was not authorized to do this. Went to the sight and downloaded 2351 but it appears to be for the new activity editor. Will this update the game or just add the editor... I see no exe for the game.

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (117.03K)
Number of downloads: 151

Paul :-)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Paul, did you ever figure out why you lost screenshot capability in OR? Did you check under Options>Keyboard and see what the screenshot was set to also use the "check" function to find any errors.?

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hi Gerry,

No, last time I tried it just went black and I had to do a Ctrl+Alt+delete to get back to the opening menu. I went to the folder where the screenshots are sent and cleared it out, only about a dozen shots from earlier sessions, tried again and the same thing. Just checked and although I hadn't changed any of the key assignments, selected the screenshot key and restored it to default. Checked and it said no errors.

I'll try again and post the log, maybe there is something you'll see. The last attempt from yesterday says strange things like it can't find the ace file for the first crossing but it found it for the next crossing which is the same. Not sure what's going on there, had to take the screenshots using MSTS and everything worked fine. It's been like this for three days now.

OK, here's what just happened....

Took the first two shots OK, went to take a third shot and the buzzer went but no black line across the bottom telling me where the shot was saved to. Tried a few more and nothing, not even the buzzer. Had a look in the folder and just the first two shots were saved.

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (90.69K)
Number of downloads: 155

Here's what I've been seeing when I close OR, but this has been happening for a few weeks, ever since X2193... sorry, the last version that was on the website as a general release... don't know if it means something related to this or not but I had no problems with taking screenshots in the earlier version:

http://s479.photobuc...land/slideshow/

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Try this thread http://www.elvastowe...-in-succession/ ..... on the first page 'bout half way down, after Fred's post. The problem has to do with full screen vs windowed mode and graphics drivers. Maybe you have to change to some other key besides the "printscreen key". I have taken to running in windowed mode so I can use the Dispatch window. No problems there, also use bandicam.

This also may help - from same thread above.... "Instead, you can run Open Rails with "fast full-screen alt-tab" enabled which may well bypass the problematic drivers."

Went through the slide show a couple of times, fine work, please post when it's released . Thanks.

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Gerry,

I'll have a look and see what works.

Well, changed the screenshot key to the Inset key and gave that a try. Took two screenshots and about a second after the second shot the activity disappeared and an error message came up.... it's the same as in this log:

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (13.53K)
Number of downloads: 155

Not the first time I've seen "system out of memory" while this has been going on.

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

I looked at the log and nothing jumps out. Like yourself "I'm not a programmer and I don't play one on the internet but" :thumbup3: ..... it would have to be very large and jump very high for me to see it. I hope someone else with knowledge of the log can take a look at it. Probably something obvious.
When I've encountered the system out of memory, a restart from the last save usually works fine. Good luck.

#7 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

Hi Gerry,

The only thing I've added to the route that was different then the usual buildings and trees were mileposts, that's about the time screenshots stopped working properly. Tried last night starting the train from the other end and thought it was working properly, took five screenshots before it stopped working.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users