• You cannot reply to this topic

Two Reasons why I love OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

I posted in a thread in the general section about purch and using Run8. Run8 for all it's differences and MP appeal to modern railroading sim users, still lacks the heritage and historical context that Open Rails offers, mainly because the original idea was to first make it compatible to MSTS. OR inherits all that richness from MSTS. (and it seems we are at the point where OR is beginning to be recognized as a unique sim) So while the learning Run8, I'm still reading the threads and keeping up with the friday releases and the discussions. Here's a couple of screenshots from two different sessions of OR, I gotta have that Open Rails fix. For the past month I've just been exploring the entire Monon Route (using latest V17 route) - lots of out-of-the-way places to look at. I also, especially like the LS&I.

While it's risky to say never - I really don't believe you'll ever see anything like this in Run8. (Honestly, though I enjoy both Run8 and Open Rails, my appreciation of open source collaborations puts OR in 1st place.)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: MononV17.jpg
  • Attached Image: LS&I Winter.jpg

#2 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Everytime I see the Cascade Green, my knees melt... Even in real life!

#3 User is offline   tlorey 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

I've tried TS 2014, Trainz, MSTS and Open Rails, and my vote goes to Open Rails as #1. I have yet to try Run 8. The fact that Open Rails is able to inherit all the MSTS routes and addons is a huge plus, and I agree that Open Rails is able to stand on its own as a great simulator. I appreciate all of the hard work that is going into Open Rails!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users