• You cannot reply to this topic

Signal light disappear since revision #2322 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BB25187 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails MSTS

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hi,

A member of our french forum noticed that the light of some signal disappear when one get closer from them. After some back-tracking, it seems that this happens since revision #2322 (Experimental signal light glows). The issue happens when the experimental option is not set. It doesn't affect all signals.
To reproduce, you may want to (sorry, I couldn't find a simpler setup :-( ):
- Load this route at http://www.activitys...gne_PLM_V2.html. You should install the three files of the version 2 of the route using 7-Zip (PLM_V2.7z.001 to 003), and the version 3 (PLM V3_07.exe
- Use the attached path to create an activity. The first signal you will meet exposes the problem.

Note that the modifications of the ScheneryShader seem to be the causes of the issue (I restored the internal functioning of VSSignalLight and _VSSignalProjection from rev #2321, preserving the API, and the lights don't disappear anymore).

Hope this helps.
Regards

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

BB25187, on 13 July 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Hi,

A member of our french forum noticed that the light of some signal disappear when one get closer from them. After some back-tracking, it seems that this happens since revision #2322 (Experimental signal light glows). The issue happens when the experimental option is not set. It doesn't affect all signals.
To reproduce, you may want to (sorry, I couldn't find a simpler setup :-( ):
- Load this route at http://www.activitys...gne_PLM_V2.html. You should install the three files of the version 2 of the route using 7-Zip (PLM_V2.7z.001 to 003), and the version 3 (PLM V3_07.exe
- Use the attached path to create an activity. The first signal you will meet exposes the problem.

Note that the modifications of the ScheneryShader seem to be the causes of the issue (I restored the internal functioning of VSSignalLight and _VSSignalProjection from rev #2321, preserving the API, and the lights don't disappear anymore).

Hope this helps.
Regards

I can confirm this. Certain double signals on the Tehachapi route seem not to work, but on closer examination they are visible from an angle and then 'go out' when you come in line with them.Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-07-14 11-23-42.png

#3 User is offline   BB25187 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:OpenRails MSTS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

All,

I recorded the bug as #1346315.
A possible patch is attached to the record.

Regards

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

I've made a fix for this based on closely testing what MSTS does and trying it out on the PLM route. It's only a small change - using a 1.5cm gap instead of 1.0cm gap for signal lights - but it fixes the problem on PLM for me.

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

I had the same problem on the shunting signals of many Italian routes, and now it is gone - thank you - almost: one fixed light flashes in a visible way when approaching it. I tried increasing the first value you have changed up to 3 cm, but the problem is still partially there.

#6 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

Csantucci, on 04 October 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

I had the same problem on the shunting signals of many Italian routes, and now it is gone - thank you - almost: one fixed light flashes in a visible way when approaching it. I tried increasing the first value you have changed up to 3 cm, but the problem is still partially there.

It could be a different issue, could you start a new thread or bug report about it and include download links (if it's freeware)?

#7 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

James,
thanks for attention.
I have opened a new thread here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__162479 .

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users