• You cannot reply to this topic

A Couple Questions - Sounds and Engine Behavior Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Derek

The water usage problem has been sorted out, X2337 has the fix, and also includes an option to swap between a hot start with max boiler pressure which is default, or a cold start with reduced boiler pressure.

Looking at the other problem with the brake main res pressure, I have cycled the brakes of the NALW Bigboy several times. All brake pressure figures change as expected, and at the end of the refill cycle I get the compressor sound, same with your WP 2-8-2.

#12 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

The problem with the main reservoir seems to be corrected with the revert operation done by Steamer_CTN in revision 2336.

#13 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Good morning guys :sign_thanks:

I can confirm after just completing a test run in X2340 that the main air reservoir behavior is working, and also that the boiler volume and water consumption also looks good! I definitely appreciate the time and effort to look into these couple items and getting them resolved http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif

Now I have another little item I noticed since the boiler water consumption is working... When running with the automatic fireman I saw when the injector(s) were kicked on, which is like I would have expected. I didn't hear the sounds for the injectors come on though... So I brought the engine and train to a stop so that all was "quiet" to be sure the sounds weren't masked by everything else going on. The injectors were quiet and there was no change in sound as the automatic fireman turned them off.

So, I switched to manual firing mode and turned both injector 1 and injector 2 on and off manually. This time I heard the sounds for the injector like I would have expected. So, it appears that the automatic fireman isn't triggering the sound triggers when it turns the injectors on and off (on 27 and 30, and off 28 and 31) ?

Thanks again for the help :oldstry:

#14 User is offline   trainagrandevitesse 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

good evening, :)

;) to those who have found where was the problem.

good night

Jean-Prisca

:)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users