• You cannot reply to this topic

AI Planes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hi All,

I've been playing around in OR a lot more lately, learning and so on. Yesterday I was running a few trains on the DAR and between Middleton and Kingston I should have seen an Argus fly past but didn't. went back to an earlier save, stopped in Middleton and waited for twenty minutes and still no Argus. I then set up an activity just to sit on one of the sidings on the base and two minutes into the activity an Argus should have appeared and flown past, nothing happened. A few days ago I was having a look around the ACN route, saw the scheduled AI traffic, but no AI Piper Cub to think of it.

My aircraft fly about 400 feet above a set of tracks that are just below the terrain, they are simply "diesels" with no smoke. Like any other piece of power they have a cab view and sound, the only thing they don't have is couplers.

I see all the AI traffic on rails... other trains, but so far haven't seen any aircraft, which MSTS just thinks are funny trains and handles just like any other AI traffic. Is it the lack of couplers or would there be some other reason my AI planes aren't spawning? Nothing is showing up in the log that has to do with the aircraft.

Paul :-)

#2 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

I'll chance a wild guess.

The "track" of the plane may need some nodes to brake up the path into smaller units. I'm guessing that the path processing is ending the flight as soon as it starts because the start and end of the path are within the same node.

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hi Eric,

In each route the paths are essentially long ovals that do not connect... as it a loop that is open. Do I need to as a switch at both ends but not close the loop?

#4 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

I'm just guessing now but a switch might work. I would put it (or more than one) in the middle so the path is "broken" into more that one section.

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi Eric,

Well, that's the next thing to try, I place a switch at both ends of the flight path and that did nothing.

OK, that got it working again, added a switch in from where the aircraft would spawn near each end and it worked great, thanks Eric.

#6 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Hi Paul,
Glad it worked.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users