Elvas Tower: Exterior sounds in cab! - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exterior sounds in cab! Is a bug? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_jantonio_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

Hello, I'm making the sounds for a spanish train, and that train is divided in two engs with its corresponding sound, but when I start the simulator and I change the camera to cab, I can hear the exterior sounds in the cab!! Why does this happen? Is a bug?

Or for example, also I can hear the sounds of freight wagons in the cab and I don't like this. How can I correct that?

:sign_rockon:

#2 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:04 AM

As far as I recall, exterior sounds can be heard for all vehicles except the one we are in the cab of, just with reduced gain. This is how it works in real life too. If it worked differently in MSTS, that must be considered as bug in MSTS.

#3 Inactive_jantonio_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

View Postgpz, on 05 July 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

As far as I recall, exterior sounds can be heard for all vehicles except the one we are in the cab of, just with reduced gain. This is how it works in real life too. If it worked differently in MSTS, that must be considered as bug in MSTS.

My train sounds are recorded as heard in the cabin but when mixed with the outside is ugly. In this video https://www.youtube....h?v=_75XybIGdxE (the train that I making the sounds) can you hear any of the exterior sounds?

Which file I have to modify to eliminate this? The spanish trains are very well soundproofed... :sign_rockon:

#4 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

in railworks there is a switch for all sounds: INSIDE (sound only played in interior views), OUTSIDE (played only external camera), BOTH (always played, but muffled(lower volume, high attentuation for higher frequencies) if there is a cab occlusion is set), perhaps something like this would be useful.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users