• You cannot reply to this topic

X2319 Goes to Black Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hi All,

Not sure what this error is about. Everything worked fine yesterday although I have noticed that when I changed the viewing distance from 10,000 feet to 5300 I don't think it actually changed.

This morning I added eight buildings to the route, none over 200 polygons on tiles that only have track, roads, water toggled and now these buildings. When I try to run test trains that I've run a hundred time along the line the screen goes black anywhere from five second in to two minutes in. I've tried running trains starting on other parts of the route and same thing, for the most part it goes black before I can even get the brakes released.

I had changed the viewing distance from 5300 to 4000 before this started and the frame rate jumped from about 80 to 325 before the first crash. I changed it back to 5300 and still crashing. I've deleted all saved activities thinking there might have been a conflict there, but no luck.

Reading the report one of the errors it's claiming is:

Warning: Expected end of file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\Union Tank\TANK-UTLX-23500.wag:line 60

This car has never been in this route, so not sure why OR is finding this error.

Warning: 1 missing Stream(s) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\BLW_ZT_RDC_B&M\sound\RDC_Cab.sms:line 265

These are Ricks RDCs that until now have been used just about daily for test runs... now they have an error?

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (10.68K)
Number of downloads: 184

Not sure what to make of this. Tried running on the DAR route with no success. Only other thing I've done before this started was to add 6 markers to the route but that shouldn't effect OR, just Route Editor... did my groceries this morning as well.

Paul :-)

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

View Postcharland, on 04 July 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Attachment OpenRailsLog.txt

Not sure what to make of this. Tried running on the DAR route with no success. Only other thing I've done before this started was to add 6 markers to the route but that shouldn't effect OR, just Route Editor... did my groceries this morning as well.

The warnings are just that - warnings. Something is referencing TANK-UTLX-23500.wag but that's not the problem here - the problem is that you've enabled the experimental MSTS environments, which are still a bit unstable.

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hi James,

OK, I went into Options>Environment and removed the three check marks that have been there for a long time.

First thing was the sky went from a solid blue to actually having sky... that was from removing the check mark beside Using MSTS Environment I'm guessing.

Ran the RDCs and everything was fine until I flew past the end of my path at speed, then everything locked up with the sound still running. Had to do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of it.

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (8.89K)
Number of downloads: 161

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

A lock-up like that is probably in the signalling code, which I have no hope of debugging. :)

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hi James,

No signals on the route yet.

Just ran a half hour on the DAR with no problems, could have nbeen anything I suppose.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users