• You cannot reply to this topic

Another Raildriver Question Some Keyboard controls locked out Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Is there a reason why some keyboard controls are locked out after using the raildriver? Once the raildriver is engaged for an activity, activity is saved then resumed some keyboard controls are inop, others are active. It seems a better solution that the keyboard is the default unless the raildriver is engaged (by using "raildriver run" blue button), once the raildriver is engaged any information is included in the save but not used unless the raildriver is engaged again after resuming. Once you've started using the raildriver for an activity you have no choice but to continue.

Answering my own question? ---- is it because of the continuous control interface?

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:44 AM

I don't know what information about the RailDriver we would need to save or why it would affect any keys. Which keys are you having problems with specifically?

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 28 June 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

I don't know what information about the RailDriver we would need to save or why it would affect any keys. Which keys are you having problems with specifically?

Throttle controls are locked out. Other basic controls appear fine. Did not try all the keystrokes, some I'm not familiar with.
Used default DASH9 (default consist) ran explore on the SLI BNSF Scenic Sub using X2319. Saved, exit, then resumed save, did not engage raildriver and throttle controls were inop.
(same situtation occurs when running activities regardless of locomotive or route)
Hopefully all that is affected are the throttle controls, best use would be to have all keys available for use unless the raildriver is engaged when resuming a save.

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users