• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AI train time correction. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

In your opinnion what is best time correction for AI trains? In some activities i have problem witch traffic (passing problem or trains standing face to face).

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

The best method is trial and error...You run your train until you pass the AI train you should meet somewhere down the line. You note where you met it and at which time. Guessing the length of the AI´s path to where you met it, and taking the time difference between the AI´s start time and the time you met it, you can calculate an average speed for the AI. Then you look how many miles down the road you should have met it. Multiplying with the average speed, you get the time the train on average needs for this portion of route. Since you want to meet the AI train later, it´s start time shall be later the amount of time you just calculated.

This will, however, just be a rough estimation. Fine tuning will require you to run a train again and hope to meet the AI where you intend to. If you don´t, there are two options: If the correction needed is just a few minutes, guess it. If it´s still off quite a lot, repeat the above.

Similar things go for AIs that arrive too late at the meeting points. Only, they have to start earlier.

I know, this is a complicated procedure, as you will have to re-run the activity for EVERY singel test, but it´s the most exact one, and the one I use.

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

I just use the dispatch viewer at this point.

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

That´s another possibility to check out things for approximate guesses, but you won´t get real fine tuning with it and also the player performance isn´t taken into account

Cheers, Markus

#5 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 28 June 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

That´s another possibility to check out things for approximate guesses, but you won´t get real fine tuning with it and also the player performance isn´t taken into account

Cheers, Markus

The dispatch viewer can change signals and switches. I've held AI trains in sidings with it.

#6 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Metro but I want to by train driver not dispatcher :thumbdown3: Markus You are very smart guy in this buisness. Not all acth have problem with AI. I will try to run AI traffic on full hours. Test subject is "Canadian imports" on SLI Scenic Sub.

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

Not smart, just have a little bit of experience. You will come to that point yourself when you can find out a solution to many problems yourself, by the time.

Cheers, Markus

#8 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

So. I have to change path a little bit. All places where passign points in AE were possible was set. Activity starts at 6:00am. 4 AI trains pass corectly but at 9:11.:13 OR freezes. No error in log. Inside that long tunnel in Scenic Sub OR freeze. So what could be the problem ? To many passing patchs in my train path? Shift+F5 to check AI trains and all was OK. Thats strange.

#9 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

Can you reproduce the crash? Try reloading from a previous save. If it crashes again at about the same location, it´s probably related to the route and how ORTS works with it. If it doesn´t crash, or crashes somewhere else, it might be almost anything...

Cheers, Markus

#10 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

Always crash on same place , same time. In one activity it's works fine in this not. Also after update to actual version of OR freez is still in.How is working this passing path and this location-linked system in OR ? In this subject im green as grass. I know how to make repaints( som number of locomotives i have made), modifying eng and other files but activities is question for me B)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users