• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Surfliner 2 activity error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

A friend of mine was running the HT_UP_Tanktrain activity from the Surf Pack activity pack. In this activity the player is supposed to wait for a passenger train to leave before starting the player train. In common with other activities of this type the player is given the path before the AI. This however is not the real problem.

This problem can be replicated, as I have gotten the same result on my computer. After about 5 minutes of running the outside view shimmies, the train stops as though it has hit the buffers, Sound continues to play and all camera views work for a short while. Move to the rear of the train and the FRED is missing as are the car wheels. OR log attached.

The first line of the actual error reads
Error: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. However I can find nothing wrong with the memory in this computer and no other sims or games have a problem.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Having considered all options with regard to the problem, and compared the view at the time of the crash with the view three while the train is moving, I decided to remove the FRED from the consist. I have now driven the train some 30 minutes past where the freeze and crash occurred so it looks like the culprit is the FRED.

The 3 view when running with this attached is somewhat like a drunken sailor walking the deck in a force 10 storm.

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users