• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route not starting in OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GIZZ 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS,TRS 04,09,12,and BVE

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

In Open Rails, The Facing Point Media Pacific Surfliner route and will not load and i get a broken path error then i get booted back to the main menu i need help!

#2 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

GIZZ, on 20 June 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

In Open Rails, The Facing Point Media Pacific Surfliner route and will not load and i get a broken path error then i get booted back to the main menu i need help!

I believe the only way to fix a broken path at the present time is with the MSTS Activity Editor.

Does it fail the same way when running with MSTS?

Vince

#3 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

Does the path concerned work in MSTS? If not it may be a similar problem to this one: http://www.elvastowe...18-broken-path/

I would advise you post the log file from your aborted session, the information contained within may give some clue as to why you have a problem.

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Sorry, cant help. The route works for me, but it is in an install on its own.

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Do other activities than the one you were trying to start load? If they do, it´s about the path error. If they don´t (and exit with something else than a path error), it´s about the route or ORTS.

In case it´s a path error, you can either fix that with MSTS' activity editor (I´ll try to explain, if you need help), or with ORTS.Contrib.TrackViewer (located in the directory you installed ORTS to.

Open it, in the drop-down menu of "File", under "Route" select a route and wait for it to load. If you get an error, report it, please, as we most certainly know your problems are route-related then. When loaded open the drop-down menu of "Path-Editor" and in "Select Path" select the path that has been reported as broken. In the map of the route, the path will be shown as a yellow line. But it can only be edited if you "Activate Editing" (hopefully I got that right, since TrackViewer always seems to use the system language, which is German for me) in the "Path-Editor" drop down menu.

The look along the path if you find some broken sections (yellow line doesn´t match with track lines or isn´t present in sections at all) and try dragging and dropping the line on the right track. Not sure on the last part though, and some others can hopefully give details on more advance features of the track viewer functionalities.

Don't forget to save in the end :)

Hope that helps,

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users