Elvas Tower: Why no mention of the new Activity Editor? - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why no mention of the new Activity Editor? Or how to get it to work? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

I configure my paths but nothing seems to work. I'm guessing the missing link is the activity editor path but which one? The new OR editor or the old MSTS editor and toolset? It seems I can create new activities but I can't load and edit old one. Maybe this is by design and you have to create new activities and edit them later.

#2 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostMetro4001, on 16 June 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

I configure my paths but nothing seems to work. I'm guessing the missing link is the activity editor path but which one? The new OR editor or the old MSTS editor and toolset? It seems I can create new activities but I can't load and edit old one. Maybe this is by design and you have to create new activities and edit them later.

This has been asked before,from memory the answer is something like the following. The current activity editor is what one may call a first draft and does not really do anthing yet. Its been released so all the developers can get a look at it and work out what is the best way forward.

Lindsay

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostMetro4001, on 16 June 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Because it's nowhere near ready for people to use. It's being included because multiple developers have started working on it and we're an open source project, so everything's "out there", but until you hear any announcements about it there's not much point trying it. The same goes for anything else unannounced in the downloads - things marked "Contrib" especially.

#4 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hello,
This new program does not aim to replace MSTS editor but to prepare the futur.
Actually, only the part 'Load Metadata' works. It allows to define the new Station and Station Area for a route. These informations will be used to define the new kind of paths for the Timetable.

Before any use, you must define the path options:
'Tools' -> 'options', tab 'Path Options'.
The first one: where MSTS is installed (needed for global repository)
The second one: is a list of repositories where it can find your routes
The third one: a place to store some informations (no really used now).

The options 'New Activity' and 'New Traffic' are not yet complete. We have to change the way of working.

Regards
Stef

#5 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Okay, thanks for the responses guys.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic