Elvas Tower: What is the possible cause of this error - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is the possible cause of this error <load error TA_AU_VR_H220_FA_P> in selection screen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

I am playing around with the include directive and the following error is displayed in the Locomotive selection box in the OR startup selection screen.......

<load error TA_AU_VR_H220_FA_P>

Note:This is occuring BEFORE OR actaull loads anything so what actuall causes this error.

It has to be something to do with the eng file as it was working OK prior to the file being split up.

Nothing appears in the log and the loco works OK, the eng file has been split up using the include directive but as stated everything works OK. I have carefully gone over all the parts of the eng file and it all appears OK.

Any sugestions.

Lindsay

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Mistakes in the ENG, even the obvious culprits, are often difficult to find no matter how many times you scan through it. This is my [bitter] experience with an MSTS'v version of the ENG, let alone trying to find such an error in a sim still in diapers, with a 'new' ENG protocol which is also still under development.

Maybe the clue is the unusual filename mentioned in the error message?

CHEERS Bazza.

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

Lindsayts, on 10 June 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

I am playing around with the include directive and the following error is displayed in the Locomotive selection box in the OR startup selection screen.......

<load error TA_AU_VR_H220_FA_P>

Note:This is occuring BEFORE OR actaull loads anything so what actuall causes this error.

It has to be something to do with the eng file as it was working OK prior to the file being split up.

Nothing appears in the log and the loco works OK, the eng file has been split up using the include directive but as stated everything works OK. I have carefully gone over all the parts of the eng file and it all appears OK.

I'm sorry you're having problems here - the menu isn't so easy to debug because it doesn't use the log file. If the engine file is working in-game (and presumably there are no warnings in the log from it), the includes are probably fine. However, the menu does load the files - but only a small bit to show nice names and such in the menu.

According to the code, it seems likely that the name or description is missing. Can you check if you have both Name("") and Description("") blocks in your files? They are allowed to be empty strings.

#4 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

captain_bazza, on 10 June 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Mistakes in the ENG, even the obvious culprits, are often difficult to find no matter how many times you scan through it. This is my [bitter] experience with an MSTS'v version of the ENG, let alone trying to find such an error in a sim still in diapers, with a 'new' ENG protocol which is also still under development.

Maybe the clue is the unusual filename mentioned in the error message?

CHEERS Bazza.

Discussing a problem with some one is always worth while..................
It clears the mind wonderfully.............

Anyway in answer to the above question by Bazza, No, it was more basic than that, note I worked this out by just thinking of the problem after reading Bazza's reply (you have to win one evey now and then). Remember this is at the very start of OR. It simply cannot be doing any deep parsing. What was wrong was OR parses the eng file at the very start looking for the shape file as this is NOT done by the main parsing routine there is no include files. In this case I had the "wagonshape ( TA_AU_VR_H220.s )" line in an include file so the start up parsing routine missed it. Puting the line in the basic eng file solved the problem.

Lindsay

#5 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the reply James, OR at this stage is looking for the shape file. I had that in the Wagon include and the parsing of the file is not done by the main routine so it has no include function so it missed it.

Lindsay

#6 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

James Ross, on 11 June 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

I'm sorry you're having problems here - the menu isn't so easy to debug because it doesn't use the log file. If the engine file is working in-game (and presumably there are no warnings in the log from it), the includes are probably fine. However, the menu does load the files - but only a small bit to show nice names and such in the menu.

According to the code, it seems likely that the name or description is missing. Can you check if you have both Name("") and Description("") blocks in your files? They are allowed to be empty strings.

Oops, you are correct, the Description was missing.

Lindsay

#7 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

Lindsayts, on 11 June 2014 - 02:34 AM, said:

Oops, you are correct, the Description was missing.

I'm glad, was worried for a bit when you said it was looking for the shape file - it definitely should not be doing that. :bigboss:

#8 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

On a side note, MSTS does allow the Name("") block to be absent. I´m sure on that, as many new WAG files (and some ENGs too) I installed when I did my last big round of installing new things, came without them, but loaded in MSTS (still do the test, if everything runs in MSTS, just to be able to say it works there, so the fault must be about ORTS :bigboss::rotfl: ).

Anyway, since MSTS obviously doesn´t need the Name("") entry, I think ORTS should do the same as MSTS in case it´s missing: Display the ENG / WAG file name, but don´t crash, just maybe spit an error.

IDK what goes for the description block (never paid attention to that one), but I guess it will be about the same: If it´s absent, donßt crash and donßt display anything, except an error message, maybe.

Cheers, Markus

#9 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

markus_GE, on 11 June 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Anyway, since MSTS obviously doesn´t need the Name("") entry, I think ORTS should do the same as MSTS in case it´s missing: Display the ENG / WAG file name, but don´t crash, just maybe spit an error.

The code looks like it was meant to handle them being absent, but them missing is still the most likely cause of the message (even if that message might itself be a bug).

#10 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

Just to make things clear OR did not crash, in fact it works OK, all that happens is the Description of the loco is missing from the info box, and the error mentioned appears in the loco list.

Lindsay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users