• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Activities not loading Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   asteph627 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

I downloaded version x-2299 and have been unable to get any activities for the Powder River Basin to open in OR. I also tried a previous activity that worked flawlessly from PBR in OR. This activity which had worked previously now also will not load also. I don't recall adding anything else which could be causing this problem. Any help is appreciated.

AJ

#2 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

In Stream Liners Corp route Green River also act number 7 don't starts. Log below.

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostFablok, on 27 June 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

In Stream Liners Corp route Green River also act number 7 don't starts. Log below.

That particular activity quit working between versions X1944 and X1955, if you go through the revision history you can find exactly what did it. Many improvements have been made since those experimental versions, quite a difference in Open Rails. It is not a bug, but rather an improvement in the logic of OR that made something that was fine for MSTS not work in OR. An improvement in AI traffic control, switching, signaling or something that made OR more realistic and logical than MSTS. A lot of stuff in MSTS was made with work arounds, temporary fixes to something that was never implemented correctly in the first instance. When you find an activity that doesn't work try reworking the activity in the AE until it works in OR. I mistakenly reported (very recently) just this same activity as a bug.

I just checked the history and....
1955 New 'passing path' processing (optional). Basic activity evaluation. Correction for MP signalling. Small adjustments in AI braking process.

was added. This and subsequent modifications concerning AI traffic processing really made wonderful improvements to OR. IT has resulted in almost no deadlocks, dependendable traffic behaviour, and just makes the sim more realistic. I can run most activities with 6 or many more traffic trains, no problem.

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

Here's a screenshot of the Activity Editor opened to "Price Turn" (#7) activity for SLI's DRGW Green River route. Notice the radius of 656 meters for completion of the activity. This may have a reasonable purpose for MSTS but it also may be a problem for OR. It also may be one of those undocumented "work arounds" so often used in MSTS to accomplish something not provided for in the original partially developed software.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2014-06-27 20-32-33-985.jpg

#5 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:58 AM

Thank You for big answer :give_rose: I have aslo notice that. In ATSF Seligman was same event locator with big circle. I have to change that. Activity starts but dosent end. I ran some tests and conclusion is : Events must be on activity patch. Or I'm to dumb in AE. :) Is there any chanse to fix this activity ? I like manovers very much.

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

I found out changing the radius of the "activity completed" event circle does not allow the activtity tp load. So something else in the activity is still the problem, or part of the problem? Needs more investigation. I am very inexperienced with the AE, learning new stuff all the time. IF you want to make your head spin :thumbdown3: read all the information you can find about reverse points. Some people can make sense of all that, I find it hard.

I just use Route Riter to save the original activity as a zip file, [or better yet back up all the train sim installations to a backup drive] and try reworking the activity in the AE until it works. The problem wirth "Price Turn" may be something that could be fixred with a change in the code of Open Rails, that is way beyond my experience.

#7 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

Your right. In Europe addons for example Pro Train series , almost all activities have reverse points rather than manual switching.They are working in OR quite nice. About half a year ago I want to discover US so I have bought some number os SLI products. American diesels are great. I hope that OR stuff will create something great , and all ours problems will disapear. :thumbdown3:

With regards Janek.

#8 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

It's not an error in the activity definition.
The problem occurs in the deadlock/passing path processing.
If you deselect the Experimental option for "Use location-linked passing path processing", it will probably work without problems.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#9 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Great thanks B) Activity complited :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic