Tourist Railroads! Part 2 Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

View Postble643, on 23 November 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

So is this thread dead?

Only if you make it. :sweatingbullets: Just keep posting, don't bother asking. :derisive:

#52 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

As long as simmers are into the tourist scene, this thread won't completely die. Sure it's been dormant for quite a while, but then again, I've been focusing toward non-tourist railroads and can't contribute much. If only I could get the rest of the Butler Valley Railway fleet done, I could do some more ERPS stuff.

#53 User is offline   sawyer811 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Trainz/MSTS

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Well, seeing as I'm home for a month or so, one may expect that this may get a new load of fuel oil dumped on the firebox, so to speak...I've got a few sneaky plans, but mum's the word for the moment XD.

#54 Inactive_ble643_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

I got an update in the works also

#55 User is offline   CC&C #15 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

And a couple important updates about the PNWSR also.

#56 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

Man, this thread has seriously gone downhill in terms of posting. I'm honestly surprised this is the first Tourist Railroads post of 2015. Things just aren't what they used to be, but as Ed said, the thread isn't dead if you keep the posts coming.

Anyway, I have made several posts concerning one of my projects, the Eastern Railroad Preservation Society. As I've been away from ERPX operations for almost two years, I've considered a few changes which won't quite be justified and will just exist as if they've existed during its lifetime. First off, the reporting marks used to be ERPX, but seeing as their full name is four words, I decided long ago that I would change their reporting marks to ERPS. As such, you'll be seeing ERPS in place of ERPX on their RS-27, privately-owned heavyweights, and auxiliary tender.

The second big change is with the big man behind ERPS. Although his name was formerly Arthur Renzulli, I've since decided that I liked the name Al more. I don't know what his full name is, but whether he be Allen, Albert, or Alfred, he's Al Renzulli now. I also decided that the age he was before (which would be 78 now) was a bit old for how I pictured him, so I decreased his age by ten years. With this in mind, he'll be turning 69 on July 25th.

However, a big problem with ERPS is with myself. I haven't been very motivated with MSTS recently, but seeing as how little I actually do when I'm not doing schoolwork, I should try and finish some due projects. Once I can build up the motivation and finish the Butler Valley Railway fleet, ERPS could make its grand return to the Tourist Railroads thread, with a new location for a new thread.

#57 User is offline   CC&C #15 

• Conductor

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, same here.
I've been busy with spring cleaning as well as delving into other games like Battlefield series as well as the real-time strategy game Blitzkrieg 2 (Well worth the money if you can find it).

Thing have been fairly low key at the PNWSR lately, the Chinese SY is operational now and the two Milwaukee coaches have been restored, but the S-160 still needs the U.S. parts and a new paint job and the MRS-1, while cosmetically restored, is still in need of a new powerplant.
The line itself has gone through some major changes as well, the Western end-of-track is Aberdeen and the Eastern end-of-track is my old hometown of McCleary.
Since this is all through Puget Sound and Pacific (PSAP) controlled area, operations will have to be tailored to fit in with the PSAP's freight schedules as well as constructing passing sidings along the line to accommodate multiple trains on the single-track line.

On the topic of the S-160 is there an American version anywhere or can someone re-tool the existing British one into the American version?

#58 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

I'd imagine some alpha and FA work could turn a British S-160 into an American version. What would need to be adjusted to get an American S-160?

I wish I had some tourist screenshots in OR, but heck, I haven't taken a screenshot of any tourist operations in a year and a quarter! Let's go back to December of 2013, when I tested a Baldwin 70-tonner for Fleegle411 by giving it a blank paint job as opposed to its California Eastern livery and taking it up Paul Charland's short but sweet ACN route. Remember, although we turned Mike's original thread into a madhouse, it was originally supposed to be a screenshot thread of tourist operations, fictional or not.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/DustinJRaiken/45inthewoods_zps12b65221.png

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/DustinJRaiken/45ontheACN_zpsa01415d4.png

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/DustinJRaiken/45framed2_zpsbcee9372.png

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/DustinJRaiken/45framed_zpse7c71395.png

#59 User is offline   CC&C #15 

• Conductor

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostDustin Raiken, on 27 March 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

I'd imagine some alpha and FA work could turn a British S-160 into an American version. What would need to be adjusted to get an American S-160?

Mainly stuff like a cowcatcher, US couplers, a headlight, a bell, etc.

Here's what it looks like fresh off the web:
Attached Image: s160.jpg

And here's what the PNWSR people had in mind:
Attached Image: s160 (2).jpg
One of the gentlemen who brought her up to the PNWSR was a World War II veteran and worked with the S-160s at Fort Lewis during the Korean War before transferring to the regular army and going to Korea.
He also worked with the locos for a brief time during Vietnam before the USATC took them out of service and he retired.

#60 User is offline   cwvs 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, OpenRails

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Hey Dustin!

Maybe something along the lines of Tennessee Valley 610 is what you have in mind?

Bob :thumbup3:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1617.1086659220.jpg
  • Attached Image: 3711.1128045600.jpg
  • Attached Image: TVRM610TDS.jpg

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users