Elvas Tower: Penalty brake sound going off when taking screenshots in OR V2298 - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Penalty brake sound going off when taking screenshots in OR V2298 Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_Walter Conklin_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Author is no longer a member of this board

#2 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yes, I use the Print Screen key so I can paste the shot in my paint app and get the same sound. It also displays itself across the lower section of my monitor as well.

:drool3:

#3 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Making clock time forward or backwards with - and = even out of cab causes the penalty brake TCS kick in as well.

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

If you´re referring to that annoying buzzer sound that also is played when wheelslip occurs, I´m also getting this issue upon having ORTS take a screenie (changed my keyboard shortcut to CTRL S as to avoid the Print Screen bug found some time ago - so the issue is also present with only ORTS' screenshot functionality used).

Cheers, Markus

#5 User is offline   EricF 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / Sometimes MSTS

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:27 AM

Yes, I hear the buzzer sound too when I take screenshots. I'm guessing it's intentional, as an audible cue that the screenshot has been captured, but it did make me wonder if something went wring in the cab while I was "outside" taking photos the first time I heard it.

Maybe it can eventually be replaced with unique sound that's just an indicator for the screenshot function -- kind of like that camera shutter sound effect my smartphone makes when I take a picture, or the "ding" sound effect when the video recorder starts. Re-using an alarm sound is, well, a little alarming... ;)

If the sound were selectable and/or able to be muted, it might work better. It seems like it's kind of a placeholder right now. The sound is essentially a UI element of a sort; it needs to make some sort of auditory "sense" and carry the unique meaning of "screenshot taken."

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

I have deleted the buzzer .wav file ;)

#7 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

I do believe it is used as an audible confirmation and will be replaced when we have the time and a good sound.

#8 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 06 June 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

I do believe it is used as an audible confirmation and will be replaced when we have the time and a good sound.

How about something like this wav file for a shutter sound? Attached zip.
NOTE: found this file in the Bandicam folder, just sitting there, no documentation I could about it being proprietary or copywrite protected, Maybe it is under their software agreement. Anyway, I attach it here for educational purposes only, to demonstrate what an acceptable sound may be for the screenshot operation in OR.

Attached File(s)

#9 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostEricF, on 06 June 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

Yes, I hear the buzzer sound too when I take screenshots. I'm guessing it's intentional, as an audible cue that the screenshot has been captured, but it did make me wonder if something went wring in the cab while I was "outside" taking photos the first time I heard it.

Maybe it can eventually be replaced with unique sound that's just an indicator for the screenshot function -- kind of like that camera shutter sound effect my smartphone makes when I take a picture, or the "ding" sound effect when the video recorder starts. Re-using an alarm sound is, well, a little alarming... ;)

If the sound were selectable and/or able to be muted, it might work better. It seems like it's kind of a placeholder right now. The sound is essentially a UI element of a sort; it needs to make some sort of auditory "sense" and carry the unique meaning of "screenshot taken."

Your guess is spot on, Eric.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users