Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Player train doesn't get red at station stop Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

I'm modifying a MSTS activity to have it running with OR. The player train had a diesel at the back. This diesel, with some freight cars in front of it, couples to an AI locomotive. I switch into the cab of the AI locomotive, uncouple the diesel and start with the train, which appears as "AI" on the dispatcher monitor because the AI locomotive has retained its name. In the station of Bagnara the train must enter a siding and must be overtaken by a passenger train. This siding has a platform, so a long station stop is foreseen there, hoping that so the player train gets a stop signal. However the signal stays clear, and so no overtake can take place.
I attach here the situation at the Bagnara station when the Player train has arrived to the station:
Dispatcher monitor:
Attached Image: Nored_Bagnara.jpg
Main OR window:
Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-06-04 10-07-17.jpg
(Also a ghost train that should also lead to a red -in addition to the station stop - for the player train appears.

This is how the situation appeared some Km before entering the Bagnara station, just in case
Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-06-04 10-01-32.jpg

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

There is a switch between the end of the platform (platform marker) and the signal.
In that situation, the signal is not marked as 'exit signal' for that platform, and therefor it will not be held.
A signal is only marked as 'exit signal' for a platform if it is the end-signal for the TrackCircuitSection which contains that platform.

If there had been a shunt signal controlling the routes over that switch it would have worked.

By the way: that is why the Timetable allows a command "$forcehold" - that would have forced the signal to be held regardless of not being an exit signal. But no such command is available for activities.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

Thanks Rob,
however in such a case, due to the fact that the ghost train working in MSTS does not work in OR, I have no possibility to achieve the overtake.
I'll try some other thing with the ghost train.

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Timetable :drool3: ?
Has lots of commands to hold trains!

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic