• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diesel Loco Startup/Shutdown Rate Topic: -----

#11 Inactive_Tranzrail709_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 30 May 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

You did some errors.
First of all you when you add Trigger lines in one sound stream, you have to correspondingly increase the number of triggers in the Triggers () line of such stream. So in your case you have to increase such number by two.
Second point, you must take into consideration that you always have to check if in the .sms file there are more than one ScalabiltyGroup() sections. In the ...cab.sms file you sent me there are many, and you added the two lines in the last stream, that is within the ScalabiltyGroup ( 0 ) section, that is related to AI trains in MSTS (OR does not use it). You have to add the two lines in a stream of the first ScalabiltyGroup, that is ScalabiltyGroup ( 5 ), which is the one played when you have selected the highest sound detail. So e.g. you could add them in the Train Brake & Independant Brakes , as I have done in the example I attach to you here. To run it you have only to change the path of the two door files to the one suitable to you, because I put them in the Sound folder of the GP38.

Pls. also note that, independently from the fact that door sound files don't work in MSTS, your .wav files, if applied to a trigger MSTS recognizes, would not have sounded correctly, because your files are mono, while MSTS considers them as stereo if the Stereo () statement is present in the sms file (as it is usual in ...cab.sms files), and because MSTS uses files sampled at 11025 Hz (tricks apart), while your file is a 44100 Hz file. OR is more flexible in that, in the sense that it plays correctly any files (mono or stereo) of any sampling rate.

Attachment gp38cab.zip

This is quite odd, I've noticed the door sounds work correctly in the experimental version of OR, but they still wont work in OR version 0.9, even after correcting the items you brought up. Do the door sounds work on your PC?

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

Yes they do in the experimental version. It's correct that they work in the experimental version and not in version 0.9. The experimental version is much more recent, and at the times of version 0.9 such sounds weren't yet implemented. I suggest you to leave version 0.9 and to rely on the most recent experimental version. Sometimes there could be some incidental error in it, but in general it is not so and it is much more up to date and with less bugs.
To be more exact, version 0.9 corresponds to release x1648; the door triggers were introduced in release x1669 end renumbered in release x1973, and as you can see the most recent experimental release is x2252 :bigboss:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users