• You cannot reply to this topic

signal problem on CSX W&A sub Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gary54 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Good afternoon,

While creating some activities for the running the freeware CSX Western and Atlantic Sub, I've encountered a bit of a problem that would create major headaches in the real world. The Player train is sitting at the north end of the Tunnel Hill siding waiting for an AI train to exit the tunnel thereby clearing the signal. Specifically, I am looking at red over red; the cab signal is also a stop indication. However, as can be observed on the attached screenshot, the Track Monitor as well as the F5 dispatcher HUD are telling me that I am facing what I interpret (based on the acronym SPRC) to be a restricting indication.

The second screen shot shows the signals in manual mode. I am still facing the restricting indication, however, in this case, there are red rectangles covering the symbol for the tracks (not familiar with this).

The AI train exits the tunnel a minute or so after the screen shots are made.

If one is running using only cab signals or the trackside signals, there would be no problems. However, the Track Monitor is displaying an erroneous aspect.

Thanks very much.

Gary

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2014-05-19_13-40-26.jpg
  • Attached Image: manual mode.jpg

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

It's very likely an error in the route's signal script, or signal selection at this location.
The blockstate is set to JN_OBSTRUCTED, but some signal scripts allow signals to clear to STOP_AND_PROCEED even on that blockstate, in particular for permissive signals. The program itself does not have the ability to set an aspect directly - all is done through the signal scripting.
So it could be that a permissive signal is accidently placed in this location rather than an absolute signal. But in my view even permissive signals should not clear to STOP_AND_PROCEED on JN_OBSTRUCTED.
The 'red over red' is just the visual aspect defined for STOP_AND_PROCEED for this signal.

The two red bars in the Track Monitor in Manual mode show the 'end of authority' limits - in this case the switches at either end of the loop.
When in signal mode, these are not shown as the program relies on the correct processing of the blockstate by the signalling. If the signalling scripting is wrong, as in this case, there is little the program can do.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   Gary54 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Thanks much for the response and the explanation of the red bars.

The problem appears to have been resolved (at least at the Tunnel Hill siding). The route file contained the file sigscr.sbk, which is substituted for the sigscr.dat file that I was using earlier. The result of this change is that I am getting the correct aspect in the Track Monitor.

I really have no idea why the file is there, but I guess I'll take it.

Gary

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users