• You cannot reply to this topic

Walong Consist Mystery It's a bug but not in OR Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

beresford, on 29 May 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

Looking on the bright side, the activity did run so presumably OR just substitutes for missing stock.

Far as I know OR does not have this capability. I do know it will run with items missing, there will be gaps in a consist though. On loose consists this would not be really noticeable. It will also run even if the stock item textures are missing as I found out one day on the Surfliner2.

#32 User is offline   R H Steele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

beresford, on 29 May 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

The reason that they are not being picked up is that all of your .wag files have the extension '1d', whereas mine are just named (for example) '3dts_sfwellcar_conquest.wag'. I have a CD version of Tehachapi, so perhaps they updated the files on the download version.

The "1d" extension had me puzzled for a bit, then remembering.... instead of relating my eureka moment here's a screenshot to illustrate from my installation. I think you are mistaking "3dts_sfwellcar_conquest_ld.wag" the "_ld" which means the wagon is carrying a load (.ld = loaded, .mt = empty) for a _1d. Easy to do, at least at was for me until .... the aha moment. You'll notice that all the wagons in the folder have both "3dts_sfwellcar_conquest.wag" and "3dts_sfwellcar_conquest_ld.wag" versions. Empty and Loaded in other words.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 3DTS_SF_WELLCARS_ld.jpg

#33 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

.... and here's mine. No 'loaded wagons', no JPEGs.

Attached File(s)

#34 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the screenshot, that is the default folder, my default folder looks the same. There is a free activity or maybe expansion pack that installs some loads, I don't recall which one. The current download (TEHWalong.zip,Updated: 28 May 2014 - 09:15 PM ) found in the downloads\activities section will work with the default stock (plus the three freeware downloads) as included with the Tehachapi II Route found here http://www.3dtrainst...hapi_pass.html. As far as I know there is only the download version. I just downloaded the activity from Elvas, installed it to my C:\2TS\TSTemp, where I have the route and trainset installed (no expansion packs, no add-ons, no modifications just the route as downloaded from 3DTS). I then checked the activity with both RouteRiter and ConBuilder and niether found any errors, consist or other wise. So if you are still having consists difficulties I suggest reinstalling the zip found in the download\activities section. Good Luck :good2: :victory:

#35 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

After a bit more fiddling with the pfereef directories, all of my consist error messages are gone with the new activiry file. Hopefully it will also get rid of the error messages that had started to crop up in MSTS asking where the ld.wag files were even though I wasn't running the activity. There is a minor question of the error message that says there is not enough track to place one of the trains, perhaps I should look out for a wagon hanging over a precipice en route.

#36 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

beresford, on 01 June 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

After a bit more fiddling with the pfereef directories, all of my consist error messages are gone with the new activiry file. Hopefully it will also get rid of the error messages that had started to crop up in MSTS asking where the ld.wag files were even though I wasn't running the activity.

Glad that worked out, yes sometimes it is not that clear what the final folder names of a download should be. As copperpen said, best default is name of zip file. Usually I unzip to a folder named for the zip file and then look inside, sometimes find all the separate files and sometimes you find another named folder ---- intended to be pasted into your trainset. Sometimes it is a little like those nested dolls ---- folders within folders.

beresford, on 01 June 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

There is a minor question of the error message that says there is not enough track to place one of the trains, perhaps I should look out for a wagon hanging over a precipice en route.

Now that's got me curious. Where specifically does this message appear? When opening the MSTS activity editor? Running Open Rails? All the consist lengths are appropriate to the passing sidings.... never had that message appear when making the activity in the MSTS AE (Activity Editor/toolset ) or any where else such a message could appear.

#37 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

R H Steele, on 01 June 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Now that's got me curious. Where specifically does this message appear? When opening the MSTS activity editor? Running Open Rails? All the consist lengths are appropriate to the passing sidings.... never had that message appear when making the activity in the MSTS AE (Activity Editor/toolset ) or any where else such a message could appear.

The "not enough track to place train" message is spat out by OR when it is placing a player/AI/loose consist and the location specified is closer to the end of the line than the length of the consist. I believe it's just a warning and OR will position the train just far enough away from the end of the line so that it all works.

#38 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Message appears in log file if I start the Activity and immediately exit it.:

Warning: Not sufficient track to place train

Run AI : 7

#39 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

James Ross, on 01 June 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

The "not enough track to place train" message is spat out by OR when it is placing a player/AI/loose consist and the location specified is closer to the end of the line than the length of the consist. I believe it's just a warning and OR will position the train just far enough away from the end of the line so that it all works.

All the AI paths start and end on the main line, in the middle of the route, no way near an end of line situation. However, some start on or near a siding, or end of siding --- could that trigger such a message? OR does position and start the AI correctly so all is well.

#40 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

beresford, on 02 June 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Message appears in log file if I start the Activity and immediately exit it.:

Warning: Not sufficient track to place train

Run AI : 7

Ignore it. Just informational, like all the AI Traffic curve speed warnings. OR is just notating an event. It would appear there is nothing operationally wrong.

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users