• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Porting MSTS activities to OR - a small guide Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

Each AI train allready has a name which is derived from the name of the Service definition used for that train in the traffic file.
Also, each train has a unique number (which is consistent in running an activity, i.e. a train in an activity will always have that same number).
The AI which was shown in de Dispatch window and which you are referring to is the CarID of the lead engine - but for debugging that should not be used, but train name or number should be used.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#22 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

GTADon, on 04 May 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Is there a specific "Sigscr.dat" line or lines that can be added, so that MSTS activities can be run relatively trouble free? I know that there were some specifics that roeter has posted for specific routes. I am speaking now about the Surfliner2 route by Jeff Farquhar using signal scropt by Joseph Hoevet. The signal scripting seems over simplified when compared to some others.

While running activities on this route, I have encountered disappearing AI trains, a white signal (rather than Red or Yellow) and switches that only turn to the other route at the last minute. None of these seem to affect the activity to any great extent, the Player Train is still proceeding! ;)

Generally, signal scripts will work in OR without any need for changes.
The only exception was the Bala route, which used a very specific structure (a signal defined as two types) which OR does not support.
In some very specific situations the signalling in OR may react different as in MSTS, and if required this can sometimes be 'adjusted' by changing the script.

As for Surfliner 2 : it is one of my testroutes, and I run it without changes to the sigscr file - only changed the sigcfg.dat file to remove the preset signal speeds, not because it did not work but because I don't like to have speeds set by signals (personal taste, no technical reason).
The 'white' light is correct - the 'lunar' light (to give it its proper name) is used for certain restrictive aspects, e.g. when turning into a siding.
I just last week completed a long run (San Diego - Goleta, with about 25 AI trains not counting the San Diego trams) and had no problems at all.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#23 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

cjakeman, on 28 April 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

As no-one else has chosen to do it, I'll implement the feature your document lists - to start an activity with the player train already moving.

I've talked with roeter about this and am putting the job on hold as there are so many changes taking place to implement proper timetables.

I'll work on something else and pick it up again as soon as the dust has settled.

#24 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

I have implemented Markus' suggestion, that seems to me a good idea.
Here a screenshot:
Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-05-08 07-59-07.jpg
And here is the very simple patch:
Attached File  InfoDisplay.cs.patch.zip (408bytes)
Number of downloads: 208

As I also agree that this can be a further small help in debugging activities and in increasing clarity, I kindly ask a developer enabled to commit code to commit it.

#25 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Looks good, Carlo! Thank you very much :cool3:

I´ll just have to try and see if I can apply it locally, and everything´s fine for me :bravo:

Cheers, Markus

#26 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Committed in X2235.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users