Elvas Tower: Local area multi player - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Local area multi player Getting multiplayer working on two locally networked computers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have two locally connected computers setup for file sharing and mapped drives on a gigabit switch. I originally set them up this way so I could use one for editing MSTS files, downloading, etc. The other was used strictly to run MSTS. Now that I'm using OpR I'm trying to get them to work together in multiplayer mode. I've used whatever information I can find regarding IP addressing subnets and such but OpR will not connect to the other computer. I've tried using each computer as a server or client but alas can't get them to work. Are there port settings that need to be setup or is there something else I'm missing.

Steve

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

It should just be a case of entering your first machine's IP address and a port (of your choice but I think the default is 30000) in OR on that first machine to be the server. When you start the server, you may get a firewall prompt if you haven't allowed it previously. Make sure you've started the server and allowed the firewall. Then connect with the same IP address and port on the other machine. That should be all there is to do.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users