• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Berlin subway Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

Hi Peter

If I look carefuly about the spelling of uv_op_nonuniformescale, I found a difference between the shape file ( S ) and the OR Log text.

In the shape file we ca read - uv_op_nonuniformescale - with a ( e ) .

In OR Log text file we can read - uv_op_nonuniformscale - without a ( e ) .

I don't know why there is a difference between the two spellings.

OR doesn't like also uv_op_uniformscale

If I replace all uv_op_nonuniformescale (X X X X ) in the shape 102542bf.s by uv_op_copy ( 1 0 ) and keep uv_op_uniformscale, no display in OR.

Warning:
System.IO.FileLoadException: e:\msts\mini-routes\berlin_subway\routes\ugb_u2\shapes\102542bf.s ---> System.Exception: Unexpected uv_op: uv_op_uniformscale

Hope these informations help you.

Nicober

#12 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

I made the modification in r2384. Could you please test if everything is allright?

I assume the mystery of that extra "e" might be there because of a bug in RR you use for uncompressing the shape file. And this is also the reason why you cannot open the shape in uncompressed form: because RR uncompresses it by adding that extra "e", which is uninterpretable by MSTS. And because of this same thing it will not work in OpenRails in uncompressed form.

#13 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi Peter!

A rapid first test in the route UGB_U8 of the Berlin Subway show me that all objets in this route seems appear visible. I ran and stoped at 3 stations without no problem but my metro train was modified by me. I'll make more deeper tests later with original objets and metro train this evening.

Thank you very much for your attention.

#14 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Some observations about the correction made by Peter Gulyas:

- All objets are visible in the routes and all metro trains.
- Metro trains have all their windows opaque - no reflexiions and no transparency.
The transarency can be corrected easily by changing the texture of the glass without problem.
- When you are in an underground station the sun appears through the ground and the walls, and the light changes with the orientation of the sun. In the night everything is dark.
Normally in a metro sattion all lights are artificial and it's stable 24 hours on 24.
- If you run in the tunnels everything is full of light without dark areas. We lost the wonderful aspect of darkness and neon lights made by TML.
In the night everything is dark without few lights .
- If you run on somme places outside, some buildings are black with only the windows with some lights. Also, I remark a kind of spotlight who changes the place with the orientation of the camera.

OR does not recognize one of the "shaders" ("DetailMod2X") and an illumination model.

That's what I found at first glance on the Berlin Subway.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users