• You cannot reply to this topic

Question about superelevation tracks... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:-

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Good evening everyone.

I have a question related to the superelevated tracks. I usually use this option quite a lot as I love to see the trains superelevated on curves. But I have a question. And I think I might have even made it myself but at least I don't know how to solve it.
So as far as I undetstand, the superelevated track pieces on ORTS are just replaced by the "default" dinamic track piece.
Is there any possibility on being able to use at least more than one texture for it? I'm asking this because on a few routes I play with, they use at least two main different types of tracks (wooden sleepers, or concrete sleepers) and when there's a curve that can be replaced by those dinamic tracks to make the tracks superelevated, no matter if they are wooden or concrete, they're always replaced by wooden sleepers which sometimes can be rather annoying. I leave a screenshot to illustrate what I'm asking about.

http://i59.tinypic.com/aax4wl.png

And a second question, in case this of having more than one textures for the dinamic tracks: Which files should I modify/rename to achieve having the concrete textures for the default dinamic tracks?

And a third question that I just got when I made the screenshot. You can notice there's one curve in the upper side of the screenshot which one has trackpieces that weren't replaced to make superelevation - Is it possible in some way to make them super-elevated?

Thanks for your help. :thumbup3:

#2 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:-

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

So I have at least answered one of my questions... All I had to do was to change the texture "ACleanTrack1" for one with the concrete track texture.

http://i60.tinypic.com/amw5so.png

But wouldn't it be possible to somehow make ORTS to use two different textures? Maybe taking into account what is the track piece's texture it's going to replace for the superelevation... For example: If there was a track piece with wooden sleepers, ORTS could replace it with a dynamic track using the wooden textures - But if the track piece uses other texture (say the concrete one, which one by the way was named as "acleantrack1_01" on this route's folder) then ORTS would replace it with a dynamic track using this other texture.

Maybe this is not possible but I'm just throwing out the idea in case it can be possible to achieve somehow. :thumbup3:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users