• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 minute passenger loading time Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails & MSTS

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Is it possible to change this minimum passenger loading time? In MSTS the loading time is depending on the number of passengers on the platform and the number of wagons, but in OR it is almost always 3 minutes. If you stop at a station with maybe only 2-3 passengers this long loading time is ridiculous.

#2 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

OR uses for this function the value that is present in the route's .tdb and .tit files (I don't know which of the two)(it unfortunately does not consider activity files), so to modify it you have two possibilities:
1) edit the route with the MSTS Route Editor
2) or, as I do, modify both the .tdb and .tit files (probably only one is necessary, because there is redundant info between the two files): by using a standard text editor you look for all occurrences of PlatformMinWaitingTime, and modify the value (in seconds) within parentheses with the value you like. Above such line you have the line with the name of the platform, so you know what you're modifying.

The value of 3 minutes is the RE's default value, and some (many?) route builders simply use it without caring about replacing such default value for every platform.

#3 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

Csantucci, on 22 March 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

OR uses for this function the value that is present in the route's .tdb and .tit files (I don't know which of the two)(it unfortunately does not consider activity files), so to modify it you have two possibilities:
1) edit the route with the MSTS Route Editor
2) or, as I do, modify both the .tdb and .tit files (probably only one is necessary, because there is redundant info between the two files): by using a standard text editor you look for all occurrences of PlatformMinWaitingTime, and modify the value (in seconds) within parentheses with the value you like. Above such line you have the line with the name of the platform, so you know what you're modifying.

The value of 3 minutes is the RE's default value, and some (many?) route builders simply use it without caring about replacing such default value for every platform.

No matter what route I have been driving in MSTS I have never experienced this 3 minute loading, so I don't think its RE's default value.

#4 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

Now I have checked 6 different routes for PlatformMinWaitingTime and all of them have different times for the platforms in the .tdb file, so I still can't understand why OR defaults to 3 minutes loading time.

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

jan111, on 22 March 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

Now I have checked 6 different routes for PlatformMinWaitingTime and all of them have different times for the platforms in the .tdb file, so I still can't understand why OR defaults to 3 minutes loading time.

It doesn't.
The minumum waiting time is derived from either the minimum waiting time as defined in the tdb for the platform entry, or the difference between arrival and departure time as set in the timetable for the player train in the activity - what is used is the shortest defined time of these, provided arrival and departure time are not equal.
This value is used for both player and AI trains.
The number of passengers as defined in MSTS is not used - that only makes sense if you just have one or two trains per day, it makes no sense if you have 10 trains per hour varying in length from 1 to 15 coaches.
In my own routes, I regularly see waiting times of just 30 seconds or so.
That many routes have 3 minutes waiting time is not surprising - it is the default setting in MSTS route editor and not all route builders have adjusted these values.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#6 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

jan111, on 22 March 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

No matter what route I have been driving in MSTS I have never experienced this 3 minute loading, so I don't think its RE's default value.

Because MSTS uses the number of passengers on the platform together with the evaluation of the amount of carriages (or train length) within the platform limits to compute passenger loading time.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users