Elvas Tower: Fussy Wheelslip Indication - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fussy Wheelslip Indication Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_TS_Craftsman_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

I just notice when I try to lift a coal train from a dead stop on dry rail on level grade with 2 AC4400 locos from SLI on the headend and a 110 coal gonds back a dpu unit pushing I get a wheelslip indication as soon as I put the unit in throttle 1 or 2. Not working a whole lot of power and yet the wheelslip comes on.

I was curious if any programming was being undertaken for modeling AC traction physics? Instead of a constant wheelslip, a wheelslip is sensed and power is derated to keep in the traction threshold.

Thanks In advance

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

A question to ask beforehand, can run 2 give you wheelslip on level grade and dry rail in reality?

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hi,
just a quick answer - you can set Antislip ( 1 ) in the ENG file and force the simple adhesion model to be used. It is not clear solution yet, because it will not limit the tractive force - it will act like the MSTS adhesion model and running into a wheelslip will reduce tractive force. If you don't mind, you can use the Sander to cancel the wheelsip.
I'll have a look on what I can do with it. It will be a saturation of the wheelslip percent at 90%. We are not able to code the real-world antislip control system, as it requires much more real-time programming, what cannot be done on Windows...

Cheers,

Matej

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Now I´ve got to ask one more question: What exactly does AntiSlip() (enabled or disabled) do in both MSTS and ORTS?

Cheers, Markus

#5 Inactive_TS_Craftsman_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the input. I didn't know that the AntiSlip(1) line would work but it did when I looked through my .eng file for the SLI unit I had for leadunit I found that it didn't have the AntiSlip line in the eng file so I added it. I disabled the Advance Adhesion setting and was content with not getting that alarm buzz that the unit was slipping. I did need a shot of sand to get rolling for the first couple mph then it slowly chugged up to track speed. I'm a happy camper.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users