• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiplayer Crashes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Surfliner6908 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I hosted a multiplayer session with Hamachi in the latest experimental version, as well as with the Developers edition but the game crashes during the command prompt screen. The game continues loading for the Developers Edition, but crashed immediately in the Experimental version. The 'Open Rails needs to close' message appears for both. Once the game finishes loading in Developer's Edition, nobody could join the server. Is there a way to fix this, or is this a known problem? We used v.2065 and v0.9.
Thank you, Jack

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

I've just tested a home-made MP session with two instances of OR rel. 2072 using the tsimserver. I got no problem both with the releases downloaded from here http://james-ross.co...jects/or/builds and with the releases downloaded with Tortoise.

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

There seems to be a problem with version X2065. There is a bug report on this version (1286978), but testing it (with version 2072) proved there was nothing wrong with the latest version. Also, the linenumbers in the log-file did not match the code (the error was an array exception but the reported line had no array at all - nor the lines around it).

The reported bug related to a crash which was corrected in version X2048. It seems that somehow or other version X2065 still uses the runactivity from before X2048.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users