• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making 3 differnet groups for Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

All right this just came to me and would like to know your guys opinions on this idea. Instead of having huge forums for every thing and having to go threw them to find a thread why don't we do a Steam, Diesel, and Electric forums so the steam people can be on one page the diesel people can be on the other and then there is a Electric group. That way if there are specific issues with a type of locomotive it would be easier to find and talk about. It also may help in how you guys deal with certain issues and all around be a good thing. Just my thought on the whole thing because its starting to get hard to find specific threads when you have a bunch to go threw! I have a photography website of my own and like to have it nice and organized so its easier for people to view my work so why cant a thread act the same way? To me the Open Rails thread is not organized at all and should be because its getting down to that point that there are specific issues with specific classes of locomotives! Not trying to beat anyone up here just think the threads could be a little bit cleaned up and organized is all!

Brandon

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

I have suggested the same for the wishlist, yet it was not appreciated very much, it seems. Anyway, I´d support your idea :)

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

I agree with the proposal.

With the raft of changes taking place in the development of OR, the resulting interesting discussions are too merged together and it's become more difficult to keep track of trending topic, such as the varioUs MPU types and their individual physics development.

Cheers Bazza.

#4 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yes this is why I was thinking it would be a good idea. I mean there could be a steam, diesel, Electric, Physics, signaling and speed limits, seasons and weather, along with a few other ones but I think it would be a good time to start categorizing the threads a little better before it gets out of hand. Just my thoughts on things.

Brandon

#5 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Or perhaps people could just list the category in their subject lines? Might be less confusing...

Robert

#6 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Well if the OR people don't mind just revealing the Features section of the private forum should be a good start. They're not using it anymore and the couple of hundred posts in there would certainly make for good reading by the general membership.

#7 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

Genma Saotome, on 01 March 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

They're not using it any more

The way we use the Features sub-forum is not something that's been discussed by the OR team. Last post was 2 weeks ago.

#8 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

cjakeman, on 02 March 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

The way we use the Features sub-forum is not something that's been discussed by the OR team. Last post was 2 weeks ago.

AFAIK none of the Features forums have more than 2 new threads in the last 3-6 months and several have no new threads in 6 months. I'd say that's not being used.

Your call about what to do with them... it's just that moving them into the public area is simply easier for me to do than setting up something similar, one by one and AFAIK nothing about their content is particularly sensitive... maybe an argument or two but they're all so old. Again, your call.

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

ATSF3751, on 01 March 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

All right this just came to me and would like to know your guys opinions on this idea. Instead of having huge forums for every thing and having to go threw them to find a thread why don't we do a Steam, Diesel, and Electric forums so the steam people can be on one page the diesel people can be on the other and then there is a Electric group. That way if there are specific issues with a type of locomotive it would be easier to find and talk about. It also may help in how you guys deal with certain issues and all around be a good thing. Just my thought on the whole thing because its starting to get hard to find specific threads when you have a bunch to go threw! I have a photography website of my own and like to have it nice and organized so its easier for people to view my work so why cant a thread act the same way? To me the Open Rails thread is not organized at all and should be because its getting down to that point that there are specific issues with specific classes of locomotives! Not trying to beat anyone up here just think the threads could be a little bit cleaned up and organized is all!

Brandon

Are we only discussing engines on this forum?
What about all the other issues? Do they get a fourth group, or must all that information be repeated in all three groups?
The problems is that many things overlap the engine-type boundaries. Having to search through a lot of threats may be difficult - having to search through multiple forum groups does not make it any easier.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users