Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems in coupling trains in MP Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

After some malfunctions found within small MP sessions by some people in my country, I decided to perform some test alone, running two players on my computer.
I did not find problems if the train which I drive to couple against the other train is the dispatcher's train (the one run by the OR instance running as logical server).
If I instead drive the train running as logical client I get at least two types of problems:
- quite often the train contact is not recognized (even when running below 1 mph) and one train goes on penetrating the other train, see picture. Maybe this is caused by the fact that the server OR is running at lower FPS (around 15) being in background?
Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-02-28 06-00-59.jpg
- when coupling succeeds (moving train had obviously reverser in forward position), if I try to move the reverser in neutral or reverse position, it immediately returns to forward position. By the way that is the real player train remaining, because the other OR instance tells me that its train is a helper.
Tests have been done to be repeatable by anyone, using Northeastern Corridor (USA1), with two original consists (GP38-2, 17 mixed and Dash 9, 37 oil ), and the attached couple of paths.
Attached File  PATHS.zip (1.48K)
Number of downloads: 198
Using other consists I got once also the following crash
Attached Image: Couplingcrash.jpg

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

I made further tests, this time with 3 OR instances, coupling two client trains, where the dispatcher train wasn't involved in coupling. I always got the same result: I could successfully couple, connect brake hoses and release brakes (so I did not get the errors I reported in the previous post when the coupled train was the dispatcher train), but when I tried to run, the composed train did not run above 2-3 mph and continued jerking forwards and backwards. This happens also when no wheel sleep is shown.
Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-03-01 11-34-34.jpg

So, it seems that the only case where coupling of two trains works well in MP is when it is the dispatcher player train that couples another train.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users