Elvas Tower: Making a eng work with raildriver and ORTS - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making a eng work with raildriver and ORTS where is cs:line 290 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I have recently download a locomotive and ORTS "plinks" to the grey screen when engaging the raildriver. Runs from keyboard ok, although eng loads with digital display throttle set to "8". Now I know this is not an ORTS bug - the problem is elsewhere, probably the locomotive? Perhaps it was not written to work with raildriver?
So, the log refers to "cs:line 290" among other lines in the log.

Experimental\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\MSTSNotchController.cs:line 290
at ORTS.MSTSLocomotive.SetThrottlePercent(Single percent) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\workspace\Open Rails Experimental\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\MSTSLocomotive.cs:line 1454
at ORTS.MSTSLocomotiveViewer.HandleUserInput(ElapsedTime elapsedTime) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\workspace\Open Rails Experimental\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\MSTSLocomotive.cs:line 2689
at ORTS.MSTSDieselLocomotiveViewer.HandleUserInput(ElapsedTime elapsedTime) in c:\Users\James\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\workspace\Open Rails Experimental\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\MSTSDieselLocomotive.cs:line 946

"cs:line 290" is blank in the eng file, so it is probably referring to a line in the ORTS code? Do I dare try to troubleshoot it myself (would like to try) or am I just asking for trouble. What could happen, except that I have to reload the specific version of ORTS again? I would like more information to try to figure it out for myself and make the engine work in ORTS. Log attached for reference.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well, I looked around at the eng file and spotted something. Under Engine controllers the Throttle (usually the first of the entries) was missing. So, not knowing anything about what are the correct entries for this type I copied those from a payware locomotive of the same type. Rechecked the file to make sure everything else looked correct. I restarted open rails and the raildriver works just fine. This locomotive is part of a five pack and all the engine files are missing the throttle entries. Perhaps raildriver control was not a consideration. The question now is - do I have the correct throttle settings for this type of locomotive?

So problem solved (at least part of it), but what does "cs:line290" refer to?

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

• Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

The line is actually 290 in MSTSNotchController.cs and the error is returned because as you discovered, there was no throttle data in the eng file. Without knowing what engine you are referring to, and what throttle settings you have given it, there is no way to know if you have correct settings or not. If it is working with Raildriver, they cannot be too far out.

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

copperpen, on 15 February 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

Without knowing what engine you are referring to, and what throttle settings you have given it, there is no way to know if you have correct settings or not. If it is working with Raildriver, they cannot be too far out.

They are a set of UP SD70Ms, I compared the throttle entries with some other SD70Ms, some that Robert Murphy had posted, and others from payware engines. These seem used the most.

Throttle ( 0 1 0.125 0
NumNotches ( 9
Notch ( 0 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.125 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.25 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.375 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.5 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.625 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.75 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 0.875 0 Dummy )
Notch ( 1 0 Dummy )

Everything functions correctly, now. Even made a cabview for fog/rain conditions -- lowered contrast in the cab, removed hot spots caused by the sun, diminished overall lighting values - contrast adj., some localized burning of hot spots. Now it looks like it really is raining outside the cab. (Weather effects, much improved, thanks ORTS team!)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users