Brakes with Keyboards Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hi Folks,

Re: x1975 and Steam Locomotives

Question - it seems that something has changed with some of the more recent versions of OR (probably changed a while ago) - with the keyboard interaction with brakes... In the past - if you held down a key to release the brakes - it would stop prior to actually changing modes... For example while holding the train brake key to decrease applied brakes - while in the applied brakes area - it would take a second separate key press to go from "Applied" to "Lap" and another individual key press to "Release"... Is there any way to bring that feature back - for those of us using keyboards - without an actual device to provide tactile feedback to a brake handle position - this seemed like a much better way of doing business... I find myself dumping my brakes many times when I didn't really intend to... At least an option to change this setting would be great...

Thanks for the consideration...
:lol2:

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

There seems to be going on a little more havoc with OR and keys: When testing the newest version from James' site today, I first opened the options tab to adjust brightness and look for any errors in the Keyboard input bindings. When I then tried to sort out an error, my shift key was read as Ctrl, Ctrl as Alt, and a little more oddities...

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 01 February 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

When I then tried to sort out an error, my shift key was read as Ctrl, Ctrl as Alt, and a little more oddities...

That's a known issue and is just with the keyboard editing mode, it does not affect any other part of OR. Whatever it says in the text is what is used by the game, even if you (currently, I have a patch here) have to press a different key to get it.

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 01 February 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

That's a known issue and is just with the keyboard editing mode, it does not affect any other part of OR. Whatever it says in the text is what is used by the game, even if you (currently, I have a patch here) have to press a different key to get it.

Good to now. I was a little confused right now :sign_sorry:

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users