• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NG locomotives Disappearing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi,

I recently tried out X-1955 since many users had commented on the much improved steam loco plume appearances. To my surprise, many of the NG locos from the ET library simply disappear as soon as OR loads. If the loco had a consist, the entire consist disappears. The behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes the loco disappears a second after OR loads. Other times with same loco, same consist, same location, the disappearing occurs when engine & train brakes are released and throttle is advanced. This is occurring with many of Capt'n Bazza's, Bill Pratt's and Rick's locos but not all of them.
Went back to the 0.9 general public release of OR and the same thing is occurring. This is happening across routes and at various locations within routes. Interestingly, all the standard gauge WP locos work A-OK on the Feather River route.

Attached is a log for Bill Pratt's K37-492 on the Silverton V2 route. Here the loco-only consist disappeared after engine & train brakes were released and throttle was advanced.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Mike Gray aka Wellsburg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

I have just run the 492 on a test track with no problems using X1968, and also tried it on the Silverton v2. Using same consist, loco and tender it remains visible at all times.

#3 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

So, where is X1968 . Latest I can locate is X1955.

Mike

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

I get mine from the SVN repository -http://www.openrails.org/source.html - using Tortoise SVN which is also linked on that page. Using SVN it is very easy to keep right up to date with progress.

#5 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

With 80 + views, no one has experienced this disappearing problem ? I have tried a multitude of settings and even tried a backup drive. the result is always the same. The loco disappears when throttle is increased. This occurs with 0.9 through X-1975. What is different on my machine apparently from everyone elses ?

Mike

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users