• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SVR1 Activity 'Out of Puff' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

In this Activity a diesel travels from Bridgnorth to couple onto a steam train 'stranded' in the single line section beyond Hampton Loade, and tow it back to Bridgnorth. The diesel has no reverse cab.

After coupling to the steam train, the '1' view is the (now) rear cab of the diesel but the 'Home' view is from the window of the steam engine.

Later I used the option to see the AI train in the single section ahead of me and thought what a boon this was, no more waiting wondering if the AI train is actually going to arrive. Unfortunately this seemed to upset OR wrt my own train, as when I returned the steam engine's tender had disappeared (see attachment). But 'Home' and 'End' now worked correctly.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-01-15 09-02-26.png

#2 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

Hi,

Is the tender visible from any other camera when you return?

Dennis

#3 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

View Postdennisat, on 16 January 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

Hi,

Is the tender visible from any other camera when you return?

Dennis

I assume you are talking about after it 'disappeared'. No it had gone, from any view. I have also encountered disappearing stuff with other Activities, the engine off the front of an incoming AI service disappeared (looked like an EMU entering Highley station) and the rear wheels of the Prairie tank (2-6-2) I was driving shifted so they were under the last set of driving wheels. I suspect that what is causing it is use of the Alt-9 option to view AI services that are some distance away, an awful lot of graphics have to be loaded and unloaded every time you do it (I think).

#4 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

I have just run this activity and can confirm the disappearance of the tender after "Alt 9" ing around the AI. After it has disappeared, I haven't found any combination of camera changes that make it visible again. The train behaves as though the tender is still there and all the debug screens still show its details. When you shift camera 2 or 3 on to the tender ("Alt PageUp" or "Alt PageDown") the screen is completely greyed out and only the shift of the camera to another car will display the whole scene again (less the tender!).
A Save and Resume will restore the view of the tender.
I have viewed the tender in Shape File Viewer and it looks OK there.
The attached log shows "3 Axles, 1 Bogie" messages for the tender but this seems to be common for many models.
I am using X1934.

Dennis

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

Could this problem have anything to do with the VolumeSphere setting in the shape file?

#6 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostButtercup, on 18 January 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

Could this problem have anything to do with the VolumeSphere setting in the shape file?

I have come across problems in the past with models whose origin is not their logical centre but this doesn't seem to be the same. The tender is not visible from any angle or distance. Could it be a manifestation of this problem Flying Caymans?

Dennis

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users