• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SVR1 Diesel Training School Activity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

On backing onto the consist in platform 1 of Kidderminster SVR station, the emergency brake comes on and the message 'Out of Control - Off path' is displayed. Out of six attempts, backing on at various speeds from >1mph to 5 mph, on one occasion the message 'Auto Signal' came up instead and I was able to proceed and complete the Activity, but I haven't been able to replicate this solitary success.

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

It all depends on how the path is defined. You might try making this move in manual mode, switching back to auto mode when the train is back on it's path.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

I tried this. Reversing onto the train in manual mode doesn't set the emergency brakes, but OR still thinks that the train is not 'on the path'. In an effort to find this 'path', I moved forward a bit and then was still 'off the route'. When I tried to set the starter to 'off' to avoid a SPAD I had to use 'signal behind'. So perhaps OR thinks that the reversing point hasn't been reached (the reversing point is hidden on the Track Monitor under a yellow symbol as you back on). So I did another run where I carefully pushed the train back a bit and at that point OR crashed hard (requires hardware computer reset).

A bug has already been reported with the SVR route where in an activity where the player's train starts in the same platform it is instead placed in a different one, so perhaps there is some relationship.

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Among the large stack of CD's with routes bought at one time or another but never installed, I found a copy of the SVR route. I think I used it to get some of the interesting rolling stock, but was not really interested in the route as such.
I will install it sometime in the next few days and see if I can reproduce the error.
I'll get back to this when I've given it a try.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users