Elvas Tower: Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Route - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Route Run in Open Rails Versions 3 or 4? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Is anyone running either version (3 or 4) of the DT&I in Open Rails. I have tried numerous times to get either Ver 3 or 4 to run and they will not run using any version of Open Rails! If someone is running it in Open Rails that means the problem is likely with me or my system. Don't know what it could be --- tried installing numerous times, different approaches, trying to figure out what is wrong - not being a route builder makes that difficult. Would be helpful to know that it does run in Open Rails. Yes both versions run using MSTS.

Note: OR log indicates the usual "Error: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array." Same for either version (DTI 3 or 4 - all activities and explore) log attached if needed.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

The error occurs when the program tries to insert a signal it found in a world file, into the signal array.
The length of this array is set to the number of signal references in the *.tdb file.
So, if the array boundary is exceeded while inserting a signal from a world file, it looks rather like there are more signals defined in the world files, as there are listed in the *.tdb file.
The most common reason for this is 'spurious' world files : the WORLD directory contains world-files but these do not form part of the actual route, and the elements in these world-files like signals are not referenced in the *.tdb.
If you can't find any such files, perhaps you can send me the *.tdb, and a list of the files in the WORLD directory, and I'll check if I can find any spurious files.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

roeter, on 06 January 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

The error occurs when the program tries to insert a signal it found in a world file, into the signal array.
The length of this array is set to the number of signal references in the *.tdb file.
So, if the array boundary is exceeded while inserting a signal from a world file, it looks rather like there are more signals defined in the world files, as there are listed in the *.tdb file.
The most common reason for this is 'spurious' world files : the WORLD directory contains world-files but these do not form part of the actual route, and the elements in these world-files like signals are not referenced in the *.tdb.
If you can't find any such files, perhaps you can send me the *.tdb, and a list of the files in the WORLD directory, and I'll check if I can find any spurious files.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Rob that's very generous of you, but I'm assuming you have enough to do --- so -- you've pointed me in a direction, I'll work on it. If I need help, I'll post. One thing to start -- is there a way to compare the *.tdb with the world files list other than manually?

Edit - used route riter to select a world tile and then "Count objects in World tiles" (also counts adjacent tiles) - list showed two world tiles not in route. I am assuming these could be eliminated. (have backed up world folder first of course)

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

R H Steele, on 06 January 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

One thing to start -- is there a way to compare the *.tdb with the world files list other than manually?

No, I don't think there is. An editor with macro or repeat functions would be a very usefull tool here, though.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users