• You cannot reply to this topic

Rain sound Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

I know the rain sound has been activated, however, in the CNBala Sub (MLT V1.5 Act Longhaul Freight 1) is just sounds like speaker noise/static, very poor quality. Yet when I play the appropriate WAV file alone outside of Open Rails it sounds very much like a light rain. My solution - I turned it off (added off infront of the wav file name in the sms file). Is this nothing to do with Open Rails but rather a property of the (or my) computer system? Does bit rate figure into it? Is it something that is built-in to the method sound is processed for MSTS - since these are essentially MSTS files. Cheers rhs (Gerry)

Edit: I just subbed the xe_rain 1 & 2 for the default e_rain 1 & 2 in the rain_in.sms file and it sounds a little better inside the cab. Maybe I'll look around for some other rain sounds. I am assuming that as long as I keep to the same bit rate and comparable file size I will be okay.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Can you attach the rain .sms and .wav files that you don't hear well? I'll try to have a look.

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

Csantucci, on 24 December 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Can you attach the rain .sms and .wav files that you don't hear well? I'll try to have a look.

Here they are. The rain sound is acceptable for me by substituting the xe_rain_1.wav and xe_rain_2.wav in the sms file. I think this is just a quirk of my system. All files are from the main sound folder in the msts directory. Cheers rhs (Gerry)

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Rain.zip (353.01K)
    Number of downloads: 168

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users