Still problems with loop / baloon tracks X1894 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Hi folks,

though the revision of the multiplayer singla system by Rob has also brought along a solution to the ArgumentOutOfRange Exception that arose when running a loop / baloon track, these still don´t work as expected.

One can run them, without having OpR say goodbye, but it´s tricky, requiring you to fiddle with manual mode, switch throwing etc.

One case I really had troubles with is this path for the ATSF Gallup Sub by Bob Wirth:

Attached File  Lee Ranch Mine Switcher.txt (14.07K)
Number of downloads: 151

It all works fine until you get to the pooint you want to exit the Lee Ranch Mine loop again. There are 3 signals (IIRC) throughout the loop, which in succession show green, flashing orange, and orange, with the track monitor indicating a misaligned switch (red horizontal line) after the last signal (that would be the loop´s lead switch). IDK why this switch is misaligned, but since the path doesn´t end in the loop, but continues down the line to where you came from, it should not be misaligned.

So, stop, switch to manual, align the switch, switch to automatic mode and all is fine.

Well, not really. After that I crossed over (as per the path) to the siding at Lee Ranch Mine. THere, switch to manual to reverse into the storage track to pick some cars, pump up train and switch to automatic again. That´s two times in manual so far. And now the real culprit starts.

When in automatic again, I get a yellow signal halfway through the siding, which is the last signal for some 30 miles. Proceed past it slowly, track monitor shows the trailing switch of the siding misaligned (red line). Also, in track monitor the mode indication changes to "Node: End of Authority", though the path ends far beyond the next siding, 40 miles down the track.

So, go back, to see the signal again, switch to maual, align switch, switch to auto mode, and nothing changes. Drive to he switch, save, run over the switch, went into emergency and "Off path". Resume from save, stop before switch, go to manual mode, align switch, proceed through switch, stop, try to switch to auto mode, "Train not back on original route" - though it should be, as this is the preset path.

What´s wrong here? Is it a corrupt path file? Or the complicated trackwork at Lee Ranch Mine?

Yours, Markus

PS: I´ll also give the other activity on the Gallup sub a try which I had problems with in the loop. This other loop has a simpler trackwork layout and also there is no pickup to be performed anywhere near that loop. If that works out, but I get another problem at the second loop this other activity will lead me through, I suppose, it´s about switching to manual mode in between (there is a pickup to be perfromed miles away from each of the loops, but inbetween going through them). I´ll report back.

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

So, ran the other activity I was talking about through the first loop (no farther so far). Went a little better than the first one, but just a little.

I ran the loop, and until it´s end, again, everything went fine. Then, the last signal again showed yellow, and I went into the "Node : End Auth" mode. The trailing switch of the loop also was misaligned in auto mode. Stopped, switched to manual, changed switch, back to auto mode and everything was fine. I then saved, quit OpR and went bacl to a previous save I did while inside the loop.

Then, I went over the (as ttrack monitor told) misaligned switch directly in Auto mode (which I did not do in the other activity). I did, surprisingly, not go into ermergency, but could continue in "Node : Loop" mode. Unfortunately, even when the last car had crossed the trailing switch, I stayed in that loop mode. Tried to get back to automatic, but to the only avail that the program afterwards thought I was still headed towards the loop instead of away from it. So, in track monitor and switch display, everything was turned by 180°. I then ended the session to report here. Might do further experiments in the evening (local time).

Cheers, Markus

PS: The path file of the second activity:

Attached File  galluplocal.pat.txt (25.23K)
Number of downloads: 181

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Markus,

don't bother with further tests.
Something has gone wrong somewhere - it seems that changes which were made for MP signalling somehow interfere with the changes which were made for the loops.
The way it was supposed to work is that the path is 'split' at the loop, with the two new paths overlapping the actual loop. Once the train is fully into the loop, it switches to the next part of the path to get out of the loop again.
But the loop info is corrupted somewhere - so the train never realises it's in the loop and never switches to the next part of the path.
The problem seems to be right at the start where the path is processed. I need to look into this, but might take a few days.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

I actually don´t have any further loops to test ;)(aside from it gets boring after some time ;) )

Don´t get into a hurry, I see you got enough to do (having just read about your problems with the new startup screen, and then there´s the multiplayer signal thing...). Take time, it´s acknowledged and that´s most important. Take time to fix it, plenty of other things to od on my side ;)

CHeers, Markus

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Can you try version X1910?
Especially the Lee Ranch Mining activity proved a bit more complex than I had anticipated, but I think it's now all sorted out.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#6 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

Will do so today evening (hopefully) :dance3:

Cheers, Markus

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

Sorry for the late reply. My grandfather was taken to hospital the evening I actually wanted to try this activity in OpR, and visiting my grandpa somehow messed up everything I had planned to do...

Anyway, :), Rob, it now works perfectly, even with the Lee Ranch Mine Switcher :) Only problem I encountered was, that my train had too little power - but I guess, that´s my own fault :)

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users