• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

open rails is Freezing Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   h5djr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

I have recently purchased a new package from Simtain CH and I'm getting a problem with OR freezing. If I quit and reload it seems to be OK and continues passed the point in froze before. I am using the latest x1894 build and I have not experienced the problem before with any the other Simtain packages I have installed.

My PC is a reasonable spec with an i7-4770 (3.40Ghz) Haswell processor, 8Gb RAM and an Asus HD7750-DCSL-1GD5 AMD graphics card, running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and with SSD hard drives.

I am considering loading an earlier version of OR and see if the same thing happens. I have v09 and back to x1831 available on my pc.

#12 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

I have occasional freezes on SVR1. I am running XP with a dual-core processor and 'only' a 500Mb graphics card (because graphics memory overlays the 4Gb of RAM that I have fitted). In the latest activity I got several freezes on single-track sections I had passed before with other scenarios, the only apparent difference being that my train was double-headed. I think there was a train ahead of me to generate a bit of signal-change action. The 'solution' seems to be multiple saves and use of the 'brakeman' view, in which the game never seems to freeze.

#13 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

As an experiment, I turned the sound detail to 0 (no sound), the object density to minimum, and the viewing distance to minimum. The frame rate was dramatically increased (up to 180 or so) but OR still crashes as the double-header approaches the viaduct between Highley and Arley IF you use the 'Head out of cab' view. This may give some more knowledgable person a clue as to the cause of these crashes.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users