• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MLT and Other Locomotives no Braking in OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hello, I am having a problem with some locomotives, notably MLT & some others, not having any braking when used in OR Version X1819. They operate fine in MSTS, but in OR there is absolutely no braking, the sounds are produced but none of the levers move nor do the brakes apply for the Train Brake or Engine brake or Dynamic braking.

Is there a way that the .ENG file can be modified easily? Another issue is the very long horn sound inside the cab, head-out and outside view produce the correct cutoff of the horn sound. The bell does not seem to be affected.

I have found that newer locomotives and SLI locos do not exhibit these issues.

There may be a solution hidden away in some of these discussions, unfortunately I could not find any after a lot of searching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far Open Rails is THE best!!

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

I have run some of the MLT loco's and have not had a problem.
OR is up to 1888, please try the latest version.

Post the actual loco and the activity that you are having trouble with.

#3 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

I found something that I found was strange indeed............a few locomotive ".ENG" files are suddenly missing their respective "Braking" statements!

I think some gremlins are running amok on the msts drive. This seems to be only with a couple of older locos and mostly with the MLT locos for some reason. I use Train Store and I think some weird interaction between OR and TS and MSTS seems to think this is fun! It is only the 15 lines of the Braking System that was missing in all cases!

Oh well, for now the problem is solved and it does not seem to be an OR issue, I cannot think why the loco ran OK in MSTS??

With all the little mysteries in MSTS I am not really surprised at this, then include all the interactions between programs and the age of some of the .ENG files, it is no wonder why some of this crops up now and again.

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

I guess the reason it worked in MSTS is, that Kuju - though partially screwing up MSTS really - was not dumb and, AFAIK, made MSTS replace any parameters missing from the .ENG file with defaults. OpR probably does not do that (yet), so you the required data was probably just set to 0, which, of course, must have led to your outcome.

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users