• You cannot reply to this topic

Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException a new twist Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

I got the usual Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException, however, the log entry is confusing: who is Users\James\.jenkins and what is he doing on my railroad? Complete log attached.
Version x1858, DRGW Green River, Kaiser Coal Loads Act. Cheers, rhs (aka gerry)

Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at ORTS.TrainControlSystem.UpdateCabNextSignal() in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\TrainControlSystem.cs:line 162
at ORTS.MSTSTrainControlSystem.Update() in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\TrainControlSystem.cs:line 349
at ORTS.MSTSDieselLocomotive.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\RollingStock\MSTSDieselLocomotive.cs:line 725
at ORTS.Train.physicsUpdate(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Physics\Train.cs:line 1135
at ORTS.Train.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Physics\Train.cs:line 1060
at ORTS.Simulator.Update(Single elapsedClockSeconds) in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Simulator\Simulator.cs:line 322
at ORTS.Viewer3D.Update(Single elapsedRealTime, RenderFrame frame) in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\- Viewer3D.cs:line 518
at ORTS.UpdaterProcess.Update() in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 176
at ORTS.UpdaterProcess.DoUpdate() in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 115
at ORTS.UpdaterProcess.UpdaterThread() in c:\Users\James\.jenkins\workspace\Open Rails (experimental release)\Source\RunActivity\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 79
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

I assume that your machine auto logs on?

The machine was setup up by someone else, and they have named it.

And interestingly my path is different:-
C:\Users\derek\AppData\Roaming\Open Rails\4 UP Friday 2013-11-18 10.28.43.save

cheers
Derek

#3 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 18 November 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I got the usual Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException, however, the log entry is confusing: who is Users\James\.jenkins and what is he doing on my railroad? Complete log attached.
Version x1858, DRGW Green River, Kaiser Coal Loads Act. Cheers, rhs (aka gerry)

This is a lovely side-effect of my automated builds: they include debugging symbols, which mean we get stack traces with source code locations. This is fantastic for debugging issues. The path you see is the path they were compiled in on my machine, and is nothing to be concerned about. :dance3:

#4 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 19 November 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

This is a lovely side-effect of my automated builds: they include debugging symbols, which mean we get stack traces with source code locations. This is fantastic for debugging issues. The path you see is the path they were compiled in on my machine, and is nothing to be concerned about. :drinks:

A real "ghost in the machine" --- I love it. Maybe you should think about changing the path to Users\Elvis\Presley ;) Thanks James. Cheers. rhs (aka gerry):sign_rockon: (closest emcon I could find for a ghost)

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Maybe not a ghost, but an extraterrestrian.. erm, I mean extramachinian :sign_rockon:

Kidding aside, I just now once again encountered the OutOfRangeException (Defiance Loop on ATSF Gallup Sub by Bob Wirth, see the other thread) and also found These "Alien" lines. Good I knew what they came from, oterhwise the guys of Avira AntiVir would now have some more paperwork caused by me to do ;) (just yesterday I did a full System scan with Avira, stating everything was fine - and since then I only visited my GMAIL account, Facebook and ET).

Cheers, Markus

#6 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

I found the following tool which may provide a clue about our memory usage issues:
http://www.red-gate....emory-profiler/

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostJTang, on 20 November 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

I found the following tool which may provide a clue about our memory usage issues:

Memory usage?

I think - at least in the cases I reportet in the other ArgumentOutOfRangeException thread - that Memory is in no way involved here. In the cases reported by me, Memory usage was always below 750 MB (low Detail route, no AI traffic, only the Player Train running and maybe 5 loose consists spread over a route length of some 50 miles).

Cheers, Markus

#8 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sorry, wrong threat, I thought I was replying to the one talking about out of memory.

#9 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Ok, that clears it up ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users