• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there an alternative? ref to "pokey problem" Rate Topic: -----

#11 Inactive_Egus_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hello

What happens to my "also unique system" is that it starts to freeze and unfreeze very quickly (the weird is that makes the wheels to loose adhesion...) and have to keep the Escape key pressed for a moment to get it paused.
As there´s some intensive processing taking control of the CPU, have to get pressed for some seconds F2 to save.
Then, presing for a while Control+Tab I quit the full screen view (can use any other program normally) letting OR in second plane for 30-60 seconds.
Later at the Task Bar select the icon from OR and, voila, can go railing again like a charm.
If, when back to full screen, the cursor still moves "jumping" it´s because my anxiety makes me come back soon to the simulator and have to wait a little more. :rolleyes:

I know that´s for my computer-video card setup and NOT because some OR programming bug. When I was using Train Simulator it happened so regularly that can predict when it was about to "freeze for a minute" and make a preventive save.

There are a lot of things that can leave a computer without enough resources, so generally it´s a good idea to close any other program running simultaneously: Downloaders, browsers, etc, and all the programs at the Notificacion Area of the task bar (the very little icons with memory resident programs, at least on XP), even the antivirus. It can be done manually from the Program Manager, and there are some programs that can do that at a click.
Creating a new User Profile clean and light for gaming could be another good option.

Give a try keeping the keys pressed for a moment before make a hard restart :) . When the processor is very busy because something is taking almost all of its capacity it simple can´t check almost 60 times by second if there´s a key pressed as usually does.

Hoping could help somebody else with my own experience...

See you and ;) for let me come into this wonderful forum.

#12 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

[quote name='Egus' timestamp='1382673153' post='132694']
Hello

Creating a new User Profile clean and light for gaming could be another good option.

Welcome to Elvas Tower Egus and thanks for the suggestion. I had not really thought about creating a new user profile specifically for gaming. It sound right. I know how to create user profiles, the problem lies in what to keep and what to discard? Some system stuff needs to be present, eliminating programs running in the taskbar notification area is a start, but what else? To that end I started a new topic here ----- ELVAS TOWER > Hash House > PC System Tech Discussions & Help --- "Clean" gaming User Profile in WinXP, or other op sys. Cheers, rhs (aka gerry) :handsdown: { we need a bigger clown)

#13 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Egus, have you run a virus and malware check recently? Something to do, given your symptoms.
Christopher

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users