• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FileLoadException warnings Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gary54 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I’ve been having some issues with activities that I am creating for use on the Horseshoe Curve route – namely a large number of FileLoadException warnings declaring that OR is having trouble with several terrtex/mosaic files and many texture files as listed in the attached Log file. While OR has not crashed during the activity (which was saved at a number of locations), it does stutter at specific points/times. At these times, one can see the Loader % go very high in the F5 view. For other periods of time, however, OR performs flawlessly, with FPS exceeding 60 and occasionally 100. The activity that the Log refers to contains a number of AI trains, some of which are quite long. I’ve been quite pleased by the general lack of response to these trains. In one case, a light engine move made up of several high-poly models appear gray but did not affect the FPS. In fact, seldom did FPS drop more than 1 or 2 as a train passed. The greater problem is the loading of the texture and/or mosaic files. I was able to avoid crashes in the last run of the activity by not checking distant mountains (which looked rather distorted in some views) and setting the view distance to 2500 m (though I was able to increase this at some point). The stuttering is the principal issue.

I’m not sure of the nature of the problem. I placed this in the Discussion section because I’m not convinced that I can report this as a bug. It may have more to do with the route than anything else. However, it does seem that I have had more stuttering (and complete crashes unless I run at lower settings) since approximately X1730 or so. Unfortunately, I cannot be any more specific than that. By the way, I am running an AMD Phenom II X4 975 Processor, 3.60 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 64-bit OS, and Windows 7 Home. Also, I ran the activity using X1799.

This description may or may have some bearing relative to the development of OR; however, perhaps others have experienced the same behavior on more resource-intense routes.

Gary

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users