• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Electric Locos M.U. controls A sugestion! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:-

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Before my sugestion on this, I've tested the new feature with the new car-operations window and I love the idea plus the "functionality" of it! So congrats to who have worked on that - its excellent work! I've done some testing with diesel locos and it was nice to have a loco working but not working in M.U. with the one in the front! Really superb. :lol2:

Yet still I went to test this to see something I was curious but in fact it didn't do what I was hoping for!
So what I did was to test this M.U. with electric locos. Now what I was going to expect is that I could disconnect the "M.U. cable" of the locos and could control only the pantograph of the 1st loco. But saddly it lifted both locos's panthos! So that's my sugestion... Is it possible to make it also work with the pantograph toggle? :) This would be nice to do, specially to avoid that method of lift both locos's panthos on the side we would want the second loco to have and not the first one, and then uncouple from it, select different pantographs on the first loco, then couple again so that the two locos have different panthos on the air. :)

I look forward for an answer and feedback on this idea. :)

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

I support this idea. This would also allow to simulate another real case, where the first electric loco is operating and the second one is only a load that is pulled to the place where it will take service. It happens often in this country, see e.g. here

#3 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi guys,
First of all I!d like to use Sheldon Cooper's words "I love my mind" :lol2: . This idea is one of these "easy to do". I've forgot the pantograph MU connection being stucked with controllers (throttle and gearbox). I'll do it maybe today. This feature is a kick-off and will be probably changed (merged with F9 window using some icons). There could be other actions needed for this simple car operation, animations and especially the brake operations (disable the brake system on a car, bail off, etc. - the features known from Knorr, DAKO, Matrosov brake systems). You are free to put here your suggestions.

Matej

#4 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:-

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hi Carlo and Matej!
Glad you both enjoyed the idea. I look forward to see it implemented on the simulator, then! ;) Once I see it on SVN I will give some feedback! ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users