• You cannot reply to this topic

Start of Activity-Clearing of Signals?? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Post icon  Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post on Elvas Tower and it is not so easy to write in a foreign language. But I hope you can understand me.

On testing my favorite route working "perfectly" in MSTS with OR among other things the following signal problem arises:

At start of an activity only the first signal ahead the train is cleared. The signal system requires three signals from SignalType(normal) to be cleared: 2 before the switches (to simulate the combined german signals for shunting/leaving the station to the route) and one signal behind the switches (start of the first block in the route).

Analyzing the behavior of OR illustrates, that only the first signal is cleared.

My question:

Is it possible to force OR at start of an activity to clear more signals (like SignalNumClearAhead ( 3 ) for three signals in sigcfg.dat) perhaps as an option?

OR

has anyone an idea for an workaround?

Thank You !

Klaus

#2 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

As Rob, the developer of the OR signal system wrote, you must explicitly modify your sigcfg.dat file to correct the SigNumClearAhead statements: Find the highest number of it in sigcfg.dat, and modify all the other lines for this number. This is how MSTS uses them, as opposed to OR, where the individual signals can have different SigNumClearAhead values.

#3 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hallo!

gpz, on 26 September 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

As Rob, the developer of the OR signal system wrote, you must explicitly modify your sigcfg.dat file to correct the SignalNumClearAhead statements: Find the highest number of it in sigcfg.dat, and modify all the other lines for this number. This is how MSTS uses them, as opposed to OR, where the individual signals can have different SignalNumClearAhead values.

I had another question:

the cited tip is correct, when you are passing a signal. But on starting an activity the first signals had to be cleared. Here OR is clearing only one signal - I need the clearance of more signals- before passsing the first one!

Klaus

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

No, that's not right. On startup, OR clears just as many signals as during running - in Activity mode, that is, things could be different in Explorer mode (for various reasons).
So, to know what is happening in your case, much more information is required :
  • Which route (freeware, payware, where available etc.) - and which location?
  • Mode of action (activity - auto, manual mode, explorer mode)?
  • What exactly happens - on both start-up and approach in normal run?

Also take a look at the Dispatcher Info (press SHIFT-F5 a couple of times untill Dispatcher Info is displayed), and check how far ahead of the train the track is reserved.

There can be a number of reasons why it seems as if the system does not clear enough signals, but more info is required to sort that out. But it certainly is not incorrect processing of SigNumClearAhead at startup - the signal logic just gets a request to clear a signal, it does not know the 'history' of such a request.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Klaus 

• Apprentice

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hi all,

and thanks to roeter!

To your questions:

Which route (freeware, payware, where available etc.) - and which location?

Its a route around Munich merged from 3 paywayroutes (Pro Train 3 Muenchen-Stuttgart, PTK Muenchen-Innsbruck, PT17 Muenchen-Salzburg and own branches with a self scripted signal system and working well under MSTS). Signalproblem by startup in the stubterminal of Munich

Mode of action (activity - auto, manual mode, explorer mode)?

activity-auto

What exactly happens - on both start-up and approach in normal run?

at start-up and at approaching: NO CLEARING of the first 2 signals

The circumstances are becoming more mysterious:

In the meantime I constructed a test-route with exactly the same constellation (stub terminal with 2 -not 36- platforms as in Munich, same signals, start of train in the region of the green diamonds of the platform) AND IT WORKS!

Back to the defective route: no clearing in OR (in MSTS: IT WORKS)

Deleting the first two signals and setting this signals again: NOW IT WORKS!!?

No, that's not right
OK, now the first 3 signals (seen in the track monitor) are cleared.

Its disappointing not to know the reason.
But thank You for your efforts!

Regards,

Klaus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users