Elvas Tower: Save/Resume difference V09 and X1680 - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Save/Resume difference V09 and X1680 an activity in "industrial community" route Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Something interesting. An activity that runs, saves, and resumes in OR V09 (1648) will only run and save, NOT RESUME, using OR Vx1680. Both versions will run in explore mode using the activity path & player consist and WILL RESUME a save. Route is the narrow gauge "Industrial Community" tsrRoute_UZD "Rabocij Posolok. This may not occur in the latest experimental release, haven't tried it yet. Any thoughts?, Cheers rhs

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Did you get some weird popup like this:

Attached Image: error_testactivity.jpg

Then, probably, Rob will nevertheless have to take a look at it (or anybody else). Just because I had this Problem on a test Version he sent me for getting into an AI bug.

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

markus_GE, on 24 July 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Did you get some weird popup like this:
Cheers, Markus

Yep, something like that. Probably to be expected from an "experimental" release. That's why the stable release runs,saves and resumes the activity just fine. The team is probably aware of it, they are working on something in the experimental version, any number of scenarios could be happening. I assume that if it is important enough (this is low level stuff compared to physics issues and steam "retrofits") someone will ask me to report a bug. I don't make a habit of reporting all the stuff that happens in the experimental versions as a "bug" .... just mention it in a post and usually if it strikes someone as worthwhile they will post back for more info. Love OR though....even when you do get a fatal error, no waiting around like MSTS to shut down, get the microsoft "YA wanna go to the website...blah blah". The first time that happened I choose YES, BIG MISTAKE! That's what task manager is for - to shut down MSTS. Gotta love OR, cheers Markus.
Cordially, rhs

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

OMG, please don´t remind me of that sort of Thing: Done once - never do it again. Silly, that the Version of Win8 my brother has on his new lappy does that automatically, and he beta-tested a program for me. Even there it does that... :/

You´re right: gotta LOVE OR: Even if there does occurr a more serios bug, it will go ahead and at least shut itself down. Remember the times of MSTS, when sometimes even taskmanager didn´t help anymore...

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users