#1 User is offline   _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

From the Tortoise's mouth:

Revision: 1658
Author: roeter
Date: vrijdag 21 juni 2013 13:26:20
Processing of sigcfg.dat file : when duplicate names are used for SignalDrawStates, the double entry is no longer rejected but this state is inserted using a dummy name, allowing it to be referenced in the signal script through the number.
----
Modified : /trunk/Program/Revision.txt
Modified : /trunk/Program/RunActivity.exe
Modified : /trunk/Source/MSTS/SIGCFGFile.cs

Thanks very much for this, Roeter!
Finally some visible signals in my favourite Halycon Badische Schwarzwaldbahn.

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

A good improvement indeed: I had to modify many sigscr.dat files because this flexibility of OR was missing. Thanks Rob!

#3 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

View Post_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha, on 22 June 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Finally some visible signals in my favourite Halycon Badische Schwarzwaldbahn.

Be good to see some screen shots . . .

#4 User is offline   bennycdn 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OPENRAILS/RUN8

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Where do you find v1658,I have 1656? Benny

#5 User is offline   _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha 

• Fireman

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

You can find the latest daily experimental builds in the source code repository: http://www.openrails...resources.html.
I use the TortoiseSVN client to download the program precompiled (ready to run) from that repository. If you want, you can download, read and alter the sourcecode, and compile OR yourself.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2013-06-22 10-55-37.png
OR v0.1648 (0.9) with blank signals,
versus
Attached Image: Open Rails 2013-06-22 10-54-34.png
OR v0.1660 with signal indications.

I already have converted this route to DB Tracks to learn the process. A .stf track profile is needed for superelevation of the DB Tracks.
Lots of scenery updating still needs to be done to make the route look better still. Halycon has released a 'reloaded' version, but no new tracks or scenery yet, AFAIK.
Notice the proper vertical chain and zigzag of the catenary, which is not a loft but has been assembled by hand.

#6 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hi o-Khanawa, have you created the .stf track profile for DB Tracks? If yes, could you share it with us?

#7 User is offline   _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha 

• Fireman

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

No, not definite yet. DB Tracks is considerably more complicated than ScaleRail. Plus there are many variations, with even more difficult geometry in the concrete forms.
I have basic ballast, ties and rails done for the simplest wooden ties version, but OR throws lots of out-of-memory errors, perhaps due to me using the wrong LOD's. Or perhaps because DB Tracks is simply too detailed to have it drawn dynamically in superelevated curves with the current OR?

Hack's Dynatrax profile has been a great help with ScaleRail, but the DB Tracks Dynatrax2 profile is not in clear text, so everything has to be guesstimated and measured off track already laid down.

I don't know if Norbert Rieger, the author of DB Tracks is actively working on .stf track profiles. Currently, he is revising DB Tracks v1 and working on v2, the X-Tracks equivalent. Have a peak at http://www.tssf.eu/f...hp?topic=1931.0, where he has his own sub-forum, "MSTS Tiefbau" in German obviously. Some screenshots with DB Tracks are almost like the real thing. Generally, German routes and rolling stock are of very high quality and still actively developed and supported.

There is talk of DB Tracks becoming the norm for routes specifically built for/under Open Rails. We need to wait for the world editor first for them to be incorporated in the OR core.

ScaleRail will probably loose out, because it doesn't conform to the standard MSTS/X-Tracks track pieces' geometry. So DB Tracks needs to be expanded with US style track as well in the future. And Australia/Russia/China/India broad gauge, Swiss/RSA narrow gauge and probably more specific system variations to suit the different player communities.

My main gripe with both track systems is the lack of distinction between mainline and yard tracks, other than colour and weathering. Secondary main, yard and spur tracks should have increaslingly lighter rail, wider tie spacing, lower ballast shoulder, lesser quality of ballast and more weeds and shrubs growing over them in order to look realistic IMO. Also a suitable sub roadbed, combined ballast shoulder for evenly spaced double tracks would make track laying quicker and should look more realistic.

That is better left to another thread, as is proper vertical chain catenary with zigzag that can be lofted to the tracks.

OR is moving slowly but steadily ahead, giving new life to the MSTS, and will perhaps one day take over?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users