• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Surfiin' The Mountain Amtrak on the MountE Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PNWTransitFreak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:TS2013

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:19 PM

As the MountE being my favorite route, and Amtrak the road of my dreams, I decided to take some time an wander about...I took the train (AMTK 452 East: Mountain Corridor Train 6410) from MP 64 (Stanton) to MP 53 (Horse Creek)...it took an hour, but it was some wonderful time well spent. I had a standard (well, kinda) Amtrak Pacific Surfliner consist; the first F59PHI died, so another was added and turned at Stanton. I have shots of the slow and nice run. I hope you all enjoy. Thank you.

Attached Image: AMTK452MtE02.jpg
Leaving Stanton...had to adhere to Rule 6.32.2, due to the gates at W. Stanton St. didn't want to come down. After creeping up to them very slowly they finally came down...my conductor wasn't the happiest...but thats the quirks of the road.

Attached Image: AMTK452MtE05.jpg
Waiting at Saint Jacob; my wonderful conductor took this awesome photo for me. I thanked him very much for this scenic shot.

Attached Image: AMTK452MtE08.jpg
I tipped off a few local railfans of todays run, and they decided to come see what happened. Today was the first day we had a 'double-headed' train on the corridor.

Attached Image: AMTK452MtE13.jpg
Carefully paying respects of this crew. According to lore, there was a head-on collision here in the early days on the MtE. All crews now carefully bring their trains down Stanton Hill. I am doing the same here.

Attached Image: AMTK452MtE16.jpg
This delightful platform is where my wonderful trip ended. My train was tied down on the mainline, according to Rules 1.17 and 1.47. I really hope you all enjoyed this nice trip. I did. I will pick it up sometime this week.

Thanks for looking.

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

Nice set of pix! I forgot how I used to enjoy the ol' Mt E, running my old CSS&SB "800"'s (South Shore Little Joes) up and down the mountains.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users