Elvas Tower: Experimental today? - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Experimental today? not, that I wouldn´tappreciate it, just wondering... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Just read the other thread by cjakeman over in the News section, about an experimental release having been published today.

Now my question: Why already today? I´m not saying, I wwouldn´t like it, yet I think, something Special must´ve happened :)

Cheers, Markus

#2 User is online   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 07 June 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Now my question: Why already today? I´m not saying, I wouldn´t like it, yet I think, something Special must´ve happened

Don't read too much into that :-)

The experimental releases have been well worthwhile and we're really pleased with the response we've had on this forum.

We're hoping to automate the process soon. In the meantime, it seemed from the posts that there was a lot of activity over the weekend and I thought people would appreciate the update happening on Friday evening rather than Saturday from now on.

I also posted the message on the public forum rather than the private Development Team forum because these releases are getting so much interest here.

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Wow, that´s great News to hear - will definitely "tune" my Weekend up a bit :ko2:

Great idea! (Actually, that´swhat I meant with "something Special" - dry Austrian Humor... :hi: )

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Referring to the title of this thread: Or yesterday? - I´m getting somwhat confused: Will the weekly experimental Releases from 7th of june on always be published on friday evenings, or was that one time last week just a single Event and it will continue to be saturday evening?

#5 User is online   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi Markus,

View Postmarkus_GE, on 15 June 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Referring to the title of this thread: Or yesterday? - I´m getting somwhat confused: Will the weekly experimental Releases from 7th of june on always be published on friday evenings, or was that one time last week just a single Event and it will continue to be saturday evening?

Our intention remains to publish the experimental every Friday evening unless there's a good reason for holding back.

Yesterday, Friday, I was hoping we could publish OR v0.9 with an updated manual and a YouTube video showing many of the improvements since v0.8 in September. As you found, there was a problem and we didn't manage it yesterday.

I'm still hoping v0.9 will be out before the weekend is over.

#6 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

0.9 already?! - that´s... INCREDIBLE!!!
Well, i have to excuse for being somewht impatient in the above again... hadn´t the slightest cleu of that fact. :thumbup3:

Yet another question, as I looked that up in the "Roadmap to the Future": It says there for 0.9:

MSTS Compatibility - Routes & Rolling Stock
( excludes activites and signalling )All MSTS routes load and display properly, ie distant mountains, dynamic track, overhead wire
Route sound effects and animation work properly.
All MSTS rolling stock displays properly and has realistic physics behavior.
Rolling stock sound effects, smoke behavior, etc match MSTS.
All errors and warnings are valid

Functional multiplayer capability

Uses MSTS AE to build activities

So, just as I was once told, 0.9 would take us there: Have the Monitoring device functions of the .ENG files been implemented already? I was way back when I started out using OR regularly a bit annoyed about going into emergency every now end then when at a standstill due to the MonitoringDeviceResetOnZeroSpeed-parameter not having been recognized then...

Cheers, Markus

#7 User is online   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 15 June 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Well, i have to excuse for being somewhat impatient in the above again... hadn´t the slightest clue of that fact.

Yet another question, as I looked that up in the "Roadmap to the Future": It says there for 0.9:

So, just as I was once told, 0.9 would take us there: Have the Monitoring device functions of the .ENG files been implemented already? I was way back when I started out using OR regularly a bit annoyed about going into emergency every now end then when at a standstill due to the MonitoringDeviceResetOnZeroSpeed-parameter not having been recognized then...

Don't read too much into the new number (have I said that before?). It's been 9 months since we had an official release, so it's about time.

In some aspects we are ahead of plan and in others a bit behind. Once v0.9 is released we will adjust the milestones to reflect more accurately where we are and what we hope will be in v1.0.

#8 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yeah you said that above, I have to admit, but I just read into the number what the launchpad-pages say :sign_oops:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users