• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#4 View Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wushin 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS, MSTS

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have noticed several comments about the #4 view not being fully adjustable as it is in MSTS. There is an easy workaround. As soon as the #4 view is started click on the #8 view and now you have full camera control. I am sure most people here know this but it takes some of us (myself included) a while to fully explore and understand the many additional features Open Rails offers.

Donald

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

What you say is true, but camera 8 does not rotate as the train passes by. So, if you want to move camera 4 to a desired location maintaining its capability of rotating when the train passes by, you have no solution by the moment. A simple solution to be implemented would be this one: when passing from camera 8 to camera 4 the camera location should not change. Only a second stroke of key 4 should change camera location.

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Adding to this thread, I have some strange experiences (it just fits in here, I don´t really bother, but wanted to mention it):

Some times If I Change to 4 view, just somwhere miles away from any Kind of brdege, 4 view changes to the paaing view from top. Havne´t yet figuered out what could be the reason for this, as like already srated above, I don´t really bother ´bout this. Would just be interested if anybody else runs into this.

Yours, Markus

#4 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

Markus,

If you are on a berm #4 view wil do the same thing as on a bridge, it drives me nuts.

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

That´s Logical, but not what I´m talking about - I´m about talking going thru countryside at graound Level...

#6 User is offline   wushin 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS, MSTS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 07 June 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

What you say is true, but camera 8 does not rotate as the train passes by. So, if you want to move camera 4 to a desired location maintaining its capability of rotating when the train passes by, you have no solution by the moment. A simple solution to be implemented would be this one: when passing from camera 8 to camera 4 the camera location should not change. Only a second stroke of key 4 should change camera location.

I believe you can rotate the camera with the mouse or arrow keys while the train is passing. Not automatic but at least an alternative. I will test some more this evening.

Donald

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users